Our client, a leading global financial services company, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 140 countries. They provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
- Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues. Works with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing reports and/or perform unit testing.
- Identifies ideas to improve report performance and impact availability. Resolves complex technical design issues.
- Creates system documentation and participates as a reviewer and contributor in requirements, design of report templates. Serve as the subject matter expert on BI tool.
- Partners with experienced team members to develop accurate work estimates on deliverables.
- May serve as a mentor on the BI tool to team members.
Cognos Contractor Job Requirements
1. Experience with Cognos 10.2 and higher versions
2. 5+ years of Cognos reports development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding
3. Demonstrated proficiency in developing, maintaining, and supporting Cognos reports
4. Hands on experience in creating reports in Cognos
5. Serve as the subject matter expert on Cognos
6. Be able to identify ideas to improve report performance
7. Be able to resolve complex technical design issues
8. Must be able to provide guidance to others in developing and maintaining Cognos reports
9. Be able to write documentation on procedures and design
10. Be able to communicate well and work with remote teams
11. Advanced knowledge of industry best practices
12. Experience with BI tool migration projects is a major plus
13. Business Objects BI Platform experience is a plus
14. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is a must
15. Working knowledge of relational databases
16. Working knowledge of database design, and table structures
17. Working knowledge of Data warehouse structures and data marts
18. Experience with ETL tools preferably DataStage
19. Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of work experience in the Information Technology field
Please see our complete list of jobs at: