Our client, a leading media and content company is hiring a Technical Lead/Java Architect to join a team responsible for building and supporting technology solutions supporting the acquisition, planning, scheduling, processing, and distribution of content.
This position will focus on the content area that delivers custom workflows and integrations that support the OpenText Media Manager platform. These workflows are utilized across all business areas and are integral to the media supply chain by supplementing assets, across all platforms, with photos, clips and service-specific metadata. The successful candidate will lead a dedicated development team that is responsible for the design, development, testing and delivery of new enhancements, integrations and workflows. Technical Lead/Architect will also work on re-designing key micro-services and make sound architectural improvements to the platform as a whole.
- Mentor and lead a dedicated team of onshore/offshore developers using agile methodologies
- Take on delivery responsibility for software starting with design, development, testing and on through to production deployment
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of OTMM/Exploit bounded context to help drive the end-to-end design and development for workflows and integrations.
- Research and document current integrations and endpoints which will in turn be used to create the strategy for future architectural improvements
- Collaborate with Architecture, QA, DBA, BI and other technical teams/leads to create best-of-breed designs and frameworks
- Work with teams to tease out implementation details and solve design/coding issues before they become roadblocks.
- 8+ years Java/J2EE development experience with the latest server and UI technology stacks such as Java, Spring Boot, Angular, etc.
- 3+ years leading software development teams
- Knowledge of domain-driven design and design patterns
- Hands-on experience with SQL, entity modeling, and relational and non-relational databases
- Hands-on experience in designing RESTful APIs, event-driven workflows, and microservices
- Test automation experience ? Junit/Spock/Groovy unit testing, TDD, testing pyramid
- Working knowledge of development tools such as GIT/Subversion, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- Experience with OTMM or a similar Digital Asset Management Platform preferred
- Experience writing cloud-deployed applications using Amazon Web Services or equivalent preferred
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to develop creative solutions
- Ability to create and foster a positive and energetic influence in the department.
- Previous technical experience in the media/entertainment industry is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience required.