|Reference # : ||19-00853
||Title : ||Junior Systems Administrator|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||07/11/2019 / 01/10/2020
| Description |
Must be a US Citizen and must have a minimum of an Interim Top Secret clearance on hire and confirmed within JPAS. Continued employment is contingent on receiving a fully adjudicated Top Secret clearance. Interim TS's will be considered on a case by case basis
- Provide continuous coverage to the User Support Center (USC) during scheduled shift and remain on shift until relief coverage is available.
- Provide on-call and recall support as-required to sustain 24/7/365 operations.
- Provide 'Mission Essential' support availability, including physical coverage during inclement weather, holidays, and government closure.
- Provide support of Primary, Secondary, and COOP locations within a 150 mile National Capital Region (NCR) area, including overnight lodging.
- Respond to telephone, electronic mail, and/or walk-in requests for support for all systems and equipment within the IT environment.
- Complete and document trouble tickets using applicable software, and policy and procedures within established SLA time windows.
- Install, update, test, maintain, and provide corrective maintenance/troubleshooting for Operating Systems, templates, applications, and physical IT equipment.
- Monitor all identified systems and services utilizing approved tools.
- Administer, issue, and maintain user accounts, distribution/security groups, and passwords.
- Provide BlackBerry mobile support (e.g .Password reset, activation, and troubleshooting etc.).
- Provide VTC and VOIP endpoint support.
- Provide installation, maintenance, queue management, and configuration support of direct connect and network based single purpose and multifunction printers.
- Conduct fault isolation and resolution of network problems, whether cable, workstation, peripherals, or other hardware.
- Perform basic maintenance and minor repairs on hardware and peripherals.
- Provide data transfers between classified and unclassified networks according to prescribed policy and procedures.
- Track, maintain, and distribute a stock of consumables and equipment cleaning supplies for IT equipment as identified by On-Site Manager or Lead (e.g. toners, ink, CD-Rs, DVDs, etc.)
- Ensure technical safeguards are maintained to provide controlled user access, integrity of electronic mail, applications and user data.
- Document procedures and processes used to research, assess, troubleshoot, test, and resolve support incidents.
- Assist with maintenance of servers and network services.
- Assist and coordinate with all support tiers as necessary to support project/task execution or with any escalated user requests or incidents.
- Associates Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent degree, or 4 additional years equivalent substitution experience
- Hands-on technical experience (02 years)
- Microsoft Windows 7 and newer (02 years)
- Microsoft Office 2010 and newer (02 years)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong organizational and collaborative skills
- Strong teamwork and engagement as a project team member.
- Ability to assimilate information rapidly, motivated to self-study new requirements
- Maintain current industry knowledge of relevant concepts; practices and procedures.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Able to work under time constraints
- Adapt to changes in requirements and new projects
- Maintain and upgrade certifications
- Strong written and verbal English language skills.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds to a height of 3-4 feet and position self to maintain systems and equipment within the IT environment, including under desks and in enclosed spaces.
- Blackberry Server Administration (01 year)
- Video Teleconferencing, VTC (01 year)
- Voice Over IP, VOIP (01 year)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and newer (02 years)
- IAVM Compliance (02 years)
- BMC Remedy (02 years)
- DoD 8570 IAT II compliant cert, e.g. current CompTIA Security+ CE certification
- Computing environment certification; e.g. MCSA; MCSE; A-SCCM; etc.
- If CL Associate starts only with a Security+ ce, continued employment will be contingent on receiving the additional Windows certification within 6 months after start date.