Coordinate and track progress and implementation of IT projects
Ensure deadlines are met, resolve scheduling issues, and track personnel
Keep informed of project progress and prepare reports for customers, management, and vendors
Performs complex tasks and completes assignments with little or no assistance
Fully proficient in discipline. Works under limited supervision with latitude for independent judgment
Key Duties, Responsibilities, and Activities:
- Ensure proper capital forecasting for all projects in portfolio
- Meet with Infrastructure PMs to ensure proper forecasting of infra needs
- Present to IT PM the forecast to be made and seek approval
- Submit capital forecasts for all projects in portfolio
- Ensure all funding requests for portfolio are tracked (seed funding, primary funding, supplemental funding)
- For some projects (time and need dependent), manage the project budget
- Manage individual team to their estimates. This is driving the detailed budget / actual / forecast per project. Report to the IT PM all findings
- Review all time entries (for completeness and reasonableness)
- Weekly review of trends (based on time reporting)
- Review OBIEE Financial reports to compare Actuals to ensure they are as expected
- Identify anomalies, Report anomalies to the IT PM, Track down, with Finance, any anomalies to have them corrected
- Create weekly status reports for Key Initiatives (that they are involved with)
- Create other exec presentations, as needed
- Ensure process compliance of all projects
- Tool Administration (PWA, Confluence, TFS, Jira, ...)
- Resource Onboarding
- Finding meeting rooms
- Setting up meetings
- Meeting minutes
- Required: Bachelor's Degree, in a technical or scientific field or equivalent experience, education or training.
- 4?6 years of experience in IT
- 2-3 or more years direct work experience in a project coordination capacity for Application Development projects
- Experience with data migration and data management is a plus. Finance and analytics background is a plus.
- Project coordination experience for multiple medium-large projects required
- Experience in a big matrixed env - Fortune 500 companies required
- Advanced Excel, MS project, Powerpoint experience required
- Financial tools experience a plus
- Previous airline or travel industry experience a big plus.
- Adaptability -Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
- Follow-Up - Monitoring the results of assignments, or projects, considering the skills and experience of the individual and the characteristics of the work.
- Presentation - Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups in a way that is suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) - Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; using newly gained knowledge on the job and learning through their application
- Negotiation - Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Quality Orientation - Showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
*** Experience with data migration and data management is a plus. Finance and analytics background is a plus.
*** Manager is not open to Skype interviews for this role. Please ensure submitted candidate can commit to a face to face interview at Willis Tower