|Reference # : ||19-00164
||Title : ||Senior Subject Matter Specialist|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||03/01/2019 / 02/28/2020
| Description |
|Must be a US Citizen who currently possesses a Secret clearance.|
General Experience andQualities:
- Excellent (advanced) Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint skills and experience. Efficiently creates document templates that are client-ready, when such templates do not already exist.
- Experience with (and advanced proficiency in) flow charting in Microsoft Visio.
- Effectively integrates and collaborates with teams; generates ideas and actively contributes to ideation discussions.
- Comfortable preparing communication briefs, progress and status reporting (e.g., in PowerPoint or interactive visualization) with no supervision, and presenting briefs to both team/engagement and client senior leadership.
- Ability to focus and function in a fluid, fast-paced and dynamic environment; Must be flexible and accepting of client-driven changes in direction, demonstrating agility.
- Excels at critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, questioning, and understanding of facts, individual perspectives, and behaviors; fully comprehends and deploys a variety of problem solving approaches.
- Uses data-driven analytics to develop insights; Develops and improves credible and pragmatic analytical approaches, frameworks and methodologies; Consolidates insights and presents them to the client in context of their issues.
The ideal candidatewill:
- Demonstrates and in-depth understanding of order processing and fulfillment, to include flow of goods and related accounting transactions within the procure-to-pay transaction cycle.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of DoD procurement functions and processes; understands document flow within the SAP MM Procurement Process.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of inventory planning and control for consumable and rotable spares within DoD systems such as the Federal Logistics Information Systems (FLIS) and the Federal Catalog System (FCS).
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of maintenance, repair, and overhaul operations within DoD supply chain operations.
- Has experience assessing MRO / service-level agreement and sourcing contracting terms and conditions, and understands complex contracting arrangements and service agreements.
- Demonstrates advanced competencies in PRO process budgeting, accounting, and financial reporting in compliance with industry accounting and financial reporting standards, such as GAAP, and FASAB.
- Understands DoD working capital fund entities and how they support the supply and logistics mission of the department.
- Has experience developing enterprise-wide supply chain, logistics, and warehouse performance metrics and KPIs, and has conducted benchmarking to peer and industry standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Supply Chain, or management information systems from a college or university accredited by an organization approved by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Has experience completing technical accounting research (including FASAB, FASB and DOD standards and guidance)
One or more of the following acceptable certifications arepreferred:
- Have a least one credential in the "acceptable certifications? section (below); and
- Have an acceptable portion (as determined by interview) of the desired Specific Professional Experience qualifications.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- APICS certified in Supply Chain Operations Reference model (SCOR)
- APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
- APICS Certified in Logistics Transportation and Distribution (CLTD)
- Four (4) year degree in a relevant field from an accredited institution.
- CPA by examination licensed by the appropriate state licensing authority.
- 15 years of functional and technical accounting and auditing, including the performance of financial statement audits in DoD, federal agencies, and/or commercial Fortune 400 organizations.
- A minimum of 20 CPE credits each fiscal year and 120 CPE credits over a three-year rolling period.
Other Desired Experience
- Minimum of IT3 or equivalent with the ability to obtain an IT2 if the government requests.
- Demonstrated direct and relevant experience with the DLA, DoD, Federal or Commercial entities
- Practical application and use of FASAB standards (SFFAS) and concepts (SFFAC)
- Practical application and use of OMB guidance to include OMB Circular A-123, A-136, etc.
- 15 years or more of experience with conducting tests of design effectiveness
- Practical application and use of DLA, DoD and/or Federal financial management policies and procedures
- 15 or more years of experience with conducting walkthroughs to assess design effectiveness and the ability to rapidly identify compensating or secondary mitigating controls
- 15 years or more of experience with internal controls and substantive testing over budgetary accounting processes, PP&E, acquisitions, inventory, material management and personnel
- Proven ability to interact and communicate effectively with auditors, specifically the IG Community and/or the GAO