Research and Development Laboratory Technician
The Global Compound Logistics and Operations organization (GCLO) within Client manages the inventory, dispersal and logistics of biological and chemical entities used by Discovery and Development scientists for all aspects of Client drug discovery.
This position would be directly responsible for the weighing and solvating of R&D small molecule compounds for both order fulfilment and inventory management purposes. Expected to be proficient at maintaining a high level of concentration and attention to detail while performing repetitive tasks.
• High output massing of compounds on precision balance equipment
• Solvating and plating of research materials using automated liquid handlers
• Receiving and stocking of laboratory supplies
• Disposal of laboratory waste products
• BS in scientific field (chemistry or biology preferred)
• Ability to prioritize effectively and multi-task within an environment of shifting deadlines and demands
• Familiarity with laboratory techniques and practices
• Attention to detail is critical
• Able to work independently and within a team setting
• Length of Contract: six months with possible extension
• Location: AP52
• Years of experience/education/certifcations required: Scientific degree preferred but not required. – Successful candiate have come from food service industry, landscaping and retail. This is a plus to see on the resume!
• What are the top skills/requirements this person should have?
• Attention to detail
• Ability touse Standard software packages.
• What type of environment is this person working in?
• How soon after the request is published to the supplier are you looking to start interviewing: ASAP
• Interview Process (will this be a phone or in-person interview): Phone and in person
• Work Schedule: Monday – Friday (8am – 5pm) but flexibile.