BUDGET ANALYST FOR MEDICAL AFFAIRS
The Budget Analyst provides budget and financial management support for US Medical Affairs Therapeutic Areas and Evidence Generation Teams. This role interfaces with the Core Medical Teams, Evidence Generation Teams, Strategic Project Managers and Finance Business Partners to provide budget and financial management guidance to drive efficiency and optimize business performance.
The Budget Analyst is responsible for preparing budgets in ATLAS, comparing them to actual results and reporting on variances in the budget. The Budget Analyst is responsible for consolidating data for presentation of budgets, providing an overview of the financial status of operations and identification of favorable and unfavorable trends for assigned TA or function.
- Budget Administration
- Perform ATLAS administration.
- Collaborate with Directors to determine phasing and manage on monthly basis.
- Manage accruals via the Open PO reports.
- Clear failed transactions.
- Create mechanism to track accruals vs. spend for each Brand.
- Budget Monitoring/Reporting
- Monitor invoice activity in ATLAS and SAP.
- Manage phasing and accruals.
- Collaborate with Operations Specialist to resolve invoice issues.
- Maintain budget information on monthly tracker.
- Inputting/updating YTD Budget by project.
- Updating YTD Spend by project.
- Inputting/updating quarterly phasing.
- Reconcile ATLAS to POs and resolve differences with Directors.
- Create reports/dashboards to illustrate budget status from tactic view up to brand/TA view.
- Budget Process
- Collaborate with Finance Business Partner/s to streamline budget models and processes.
- Train teams on budget tools and budget procedures.
- Lead standardization of budget management and increasing financial acumen across US MA.
This 4+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Jennifer: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #19-01712
W2 ONLYMUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. AS AN HOURLY W2 EMPLOYEE
- B.S. Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business-related field.
- 3+ years of experience in budget or financial management.
- Pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical device industry experience preferred.
- Budget management tool experience (Client system = ATLAS).
- Purchase to Pay system experience (Client system = iBuy/Ariba).
- SAP and advanced spreadsheet construction skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate recommendations to leadership.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks/assignments.
- Proactive analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills with high-level attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and respond to rapidly changing priorities, policies and procedures a must.
- Awareness of relevant regulations, policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Acts with integrity and respect for others.