|Reference # : ||17-01112
||Title : ||Pharmaceutical Sr. Sourcing Associate|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||08/24/2017 / 02/23/2018
| Description |
PHARMACEUTICAL SR. SOURCING ASSOCIATE
- Collaborates with/supports Procurement category owners on strategy development and leads/supports execution.
- Builds understanding of Client's global, end-to-end value chain, as it relates to categories in focus.
- Provides strategic industry insights and identifies potential opportunities to enhance Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Make versus Buy analyses, including the consideration of revenue enhancement, speed-to-market, mitigated risk/improved lifecycle management, and other opportunities that support a competitive advantage.
- Manages Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) processes and procedures (segmentation, metrics/Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) development and application, scorecard format, contract management, etc.).
- Facilitate continuous improvement and supplier-enabled innovation through SRM programs.
- Strives to make positive impact on the organization, short-term and long-term.
- Provide internal and market analytics to support development of strategic category plans; collaborate with category leaders and business partners on plan development.
- Support and/or lead execution of procurement plans; role dependent on category/project complexity.
- Lead preparation of competitive go-to-market events (solicitation of bids, quotations and proposals) with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions.
- Evaluate offerings and recommend overall best offer for a product or service from a qualitative and quantitative standpoint. Understand how to access and influence specifications as required for the category.
- Maintain agreement files as required.
- Employ leading practices. Prepare for and/or lead supplier negotiations depending on category complexity.
- Assist in the preparation of and/or issue contracts (or large purchase orders) for legal review and approval.
- Assist in introduction of new and modified goods and services with appropriate departments.
- Prepare periodic category performance reports for assigned categories. Develop scorecards and track supplier performance.
- Support design/development of procurement compliance programs.
- Support Business Continuity Management and Risk Management activities.
- Support budget management processes as required for categories
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of work experience.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years Procurement experience, preferably at a bio-technology or pharmaceutical company.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering; preferably a Master's degree.
- Master of Business Administration degree.
- Relevant industry certifications are preferred (CPM/CPSM/CSCP/CPIM).
- For direct categories, such as Clinical Research Services or Biologics Manufacturing, minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in specific area.
- Has experience with some of the following categories: Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and Intermediates, Biologics, Chemicals, Drug Product, Packaging and Devices.
- Strong analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Spend Analysis
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/tasks effectively
- Ability to communicate with business stakeholders and suppliers; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in contract development
- Ariba Sourcing and Contracting
- Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
This 6+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Karen: email@example.com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #17-01112