|Reference # : ||17-01110
||Title : ||DATA SCIENTIST WITH MACHINE LEARNING|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||09/11/2017 / 03/10/2018
| Description |
DATA SCIENTIST WITH MACHINE LEARNING
We're looking for a Junior Data Scientist to work on a 6-month analytical project on behalf of our global compliance team. The role involves taking ownership of global retrospective analysis of multi-language free-text using Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing. The successful candidate will apply existing models and retrain and optimize these, then use them to synthesize equivalent models for other languages. The project will be overseen by a senior data scientist, but the successful candidate will be able demonstrate they can work independently and autonomously, apply both creativity and rigor to the process and follow through each phase of the project to completion. The role will require prodigious attention to detail (we are aware that most job specs have this requirement, but for this project it really is essential) and the ability to fluidly navigate a complex project with many moving parts and dependencies ? ability to work in an agile fashion is essential. It is also essential that you are comfortable liaising directly with our business customers and can talk articulately and clearly about the work you are doing. You must be able to demonstrate a solid knowledge behind the principles and mathematical bedrock of Machine Learning and demonstrate that you have applied this in a real-world environment. This is an ideal role for someone starting out in the realm of data science and is a great opportunity to hone both technical and business facing skills.
- Take ownership of, and deliver the output of the free-text analysis project
- Apply, optimize and extend existing machine learning models
- To work with the senior data scientist and project manager to optimally organize and plan the project workflows and timelines
- Constantly look for efficiencies that can be applied to reduce the overall cost and time burden of the project
- Diligently and consistently track work and progress through Jira
- Work directly with business owners and stakeholders to ensure they fully understand the project's outputs and can feed back on these
- Create high quality output that is easily digestible by customers with little or no analytical skill
- Collaborate directly the customer to ensure the best results and to present findings and outputs
- Create high quality analysis using, wherever possible, reusable components
- Experiment with visualization techniques to ensure clearest presentation of findings
- Document work and use Git to back up and collaborate
- Form relationships with key business users and groups and assist in the overall business development process
- Evaluate new tools and technologies and share your findings with the wider team
- Help train business users on the purpose, techniques and process of Data Science
- 2+ years working in a commercial data science environment
- Demonstrated experience with both analytical and algorithmic Data Science
- Highly proficient in either Python or for data science with specific reference to the math/stats capabilities (e.g. scikit-learn, numpy, pandas, genism etc.) and data visualization capabilities.
- Experience with R or other data science tools are a bonus.
- Degree level education in math, statistics, data science or similar. Equivalent education (e.g. self-tuition) or experience also considered.
- A base level understanding of linear algebra, vector calculus and eigenvectors, integral and differential calculus, graphs
- A very good understanding of statistics incl. linear and logistic regression, probability (particularly Bayesian), hypothesis testing and statistical confidence, ANOVA, cluster analysis
- Experience training and optimizing machine learning models and the accompanying algorithms and methods (e.g. Bayesian, Forest/Tree, SVM, SGD, Neural Nets e.g Keras/Theano/Tensorflow, boosting, logistic regression)
- Experience analyzing text and using NLP techniques
- Linux command line
- Great PowerPoint and Excel skills
- An unceasing desire to explore new avenues and develop new approaches
- Great verbal and common skills
- Ability self-organize and work independently
- Prodigious attention to detail
- Experience working in agile (Scrum) environments
- Experience using Git
- BI packages like Micro strategy, Tableau, Qlik etc.
- Previous experience in Pharma or healthcare
- Participation in Data Science competitions like Kaggle
- Application development and data engineering
- Experience using Apache Spark
- Hadoop or other distributed data platforms
- API development (e.g. Flask)
- Graph analysis, networkx, Neo4j, GraphX etc.
- Julia, SPSS, SAS, MatLab, Mathematica, Maxima, etc.
This 6+month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Bridget: email@example.com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #17-01110