|Reference # : ||17-01107
||Title : ||Sr. Network Engineer with Unified Communications Experience|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||09/11/2017 / 03/18/2018
| Description |
SR. NETWORK ENGINEER WITH UNIFIED COMMUNICATIONS EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will be a team player with wide experience in Skype for business and Network Technologies, including Cisco VoIP. The role will include architecture, engineering and operations. Problem solving, design, and communications skills are critical.
- Analyze, design, and implement network solutions to meet the technical and business requirements of a highly evolving, growing company.
- Act as the subject matter expert for Networking and Unified Communications to support business requirements.
- Lead major networking programs and strategic initiatives in the network security and unified communications.
- Design, deploy, and operate state-of-the-art collaboration environments, including best practice videoconferencing, webcasts, and desktop collaboration in the UCM space.
- Implement automation to measure the network infrastructure's reliability, performance and success.
- Pilot emerging technologies to maintain and increase the business's competitive advantage.
- Participate as a senior member of the infrastructure team, working to define standards and managing projects to those standards as well as improve the operational efficiency of the team.
- Lead troubleshooting sessions.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative or engineering discipline or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years varied experience in networking roles to include extensive experience in architecture, engineering and operations, particularly concentrating on LAN and core technologies, network security, and unified communications.
- Experience with Networking and Telephony Integration, Office 365 and/or Skype for Business 2016, systems development, network operations, and software support or IT consulting.
- Experience focusing on large or complex Unified Communication infrastructures requiring creative and complex solutions.
- Technical proficiency in Unified Communication Technology with emphasis on O365 and S4B Online to provide assistance with planning, design and deployment, configuration, optimization, migration, standard methodologies, disaster recovery, and other related areas with troubleshooting at the expert level within large network environments.
- Excellent knowledge of protocols including use of troubleshooting tools - PowerShell, scripting, diagnostic tools, and log analysis to be used for root cause analysis, prevention and knowledge transfer.
- Deep understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technologies fundamentals.
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills at the tier 3 or 4 level.
- Experience in customer-facing roles with demonstrated capability in clearly presenting thoughts and ideas confidently to audiences of various sizes and technical knowledge levels.
- Demonstrated aptitude for providing extraordinary customer service in politically charged environments.
- Ability to adapt to the customer's changing needs or requirements as they arise.
- Ability to work independently with minimal management supervision as part of a global team of Consultants and Engineers.
- Possess real passion for continuous learning, strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, time management skills, and good judgement.
- Excellent overall communication and technical writing skills.
- Ability to improve the technical expertise of peers via the development of product related intellectual capital and mentoring new hires.
- Ability to apply knowledge to improve existing products and systems in the customer environment and for internal use.
- Extensive hands-on experience with routers and switches, firewalls, network management tools with specific expertise in NGFWs from Cisco, Palo Alto, and Checkpoint.
- Extensive hands-on experience with voice infrastructure including Avaya PBX, Cisco call manager, Telepresence, Jabber, PEXIP MCU, and Lync.
- Thorough understanding of network protocols and packet analysis for both troubleshooting.
- Understanding of companion infrastructure domains: storage, server technologies (hardware, network interface cards, operating system optimization), databases, virtualization.
- Experience with the engineering and operation of enterprise class installations.
- Extraordinary problem solving abilities.
- A passion for technology, especially networking. Always questioning and working to improve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This 6+month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Angie: email@example.com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #17-01107