SR. LAB SYSTEM ENGINEER
Manages the day to day operations and support of the scientific applications such as:
NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
- Biovia/Accelrys/VelQuest SmartLab/LES,
- Biovia/Accelrys/VelQuest CIMS, Inventory Management (Biovia-Lims), Biovia/Accelrys/Symyx eLN (electronic laboratory notebook)
- Waters Empower 3 Chromatography Data System.
- Performs system administration, support, user account setup, and maintenance activities for scientific systems.
- Assists with projects relating to laboratory software implementation, upgrades, and support.
- Applies project management methods and tools effectively.
- Participates on project teams as technical subject matter expert for key projects.
- Works with end users and/or business capability managers to understand, verify and develop requirements for laboratory systems or enhancements.
- Interprets business goals and requirements and devises technical solutions.
- Acts as a liaison between the business and IT service providers in order to coordinate enhancements, provide integration, and resolve issues.
This 6+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Dannielle: email@example.com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #17-00894
- Bachelors in computer science, chemistry, biology or information technology with equivalent experience in a scientific discipline.
- At least 3-5 years of experience and hands on work with the support or implementation of software systems preferably in a scientific GXP environment.
- Experience managing software projects and integrating third party COTS software is preferred.
- Experience developing or modifying VelQuest/LES procedures using Method Builder, parsing routines, and instrument readings.
- Experience developing or modifying Pipeline Pilot protocols.
- Experience developing or modifying CIMS/Biovia-LIMS consumables templates and workflows.
- Experience with HPQC or HP-ALM for test script execution is preferred.
- Experience with computer system validation in a regulated GxP environment is required.
- The successful candidate will be expected to quickly develop a detailed understanding of the role of pharmaceutical development and will be expected to provide effective liaison with infrastructure and IT support groups.
- Excellent multidisciplinary teamwork and strong communications skills are essential.
- Must work effectively with minimal oversight and proactively seek feedback from management.