The Assistant / Associate Downstream Scientist in Manufacturing Sciences & Technology will support the commercial manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals in the area of purification. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to a highly dynamic technical, diverse and collaborative team of engineers and scientists. As MS&T, we participate in cross-functional teams and work collaboratively to meet high-visibility critical business objectives.
Responsibilities include design, execution and analysis of protein chromatography, viral inactivation, ultrafiltration/diafiltration, and filtration experiments and their interpretation in regards to GMP manufacturing. This position offers the opportunity to interface with Manufacturing, Manufacturing Support, Process Development, Quality Assurance, Analytical Development and Global Regulatory Sciences groups.
Typical activities include but are not limited to:
- Problem solving of process related investigations
- Preparation of study protocols and reports
- Evaluation of new process technologies through the use of scale-down models and in depth understanding of data from manufacturing.
- Bachelor's degree with 0-2 years of industry and/or academic experience. Master's degree in Biological, Biotech or Chemical Sciences/Engineering preferred
- Knowledge of protein purification, protein stability and experience with chromatography systems and small-scale UF/DF and filtration are preferred.
- Candidates must possess good organizational skills and strong attention to details, excellent experimental/troubleshooting aptitude, and be self motivated.
- Critical qualities include a high degree of initiative, good verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment while being able to prioritize.
This 6+ month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Patrick: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #17-00882