|Reference # : ||17-00873
||Title : ||SR. PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO SUPPORT ONCOLOGY AREA|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||07/10/2017 / 07/09/2018
| Description |
SR. PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO SUPPORT ONCOLOGY AREA
Supports: Vice President, IO & Lung, Chief of Staff, Project Manager
- Reporting directly to the Vice President (VP) IO & Lung within the Oncology Therapy Area, (with a dotted line report of the Chief of Staff/ Project Manager) the Senior Personal Assistant provides the highest level of support to the VP, IO & Lung who is a member of the GPPS Oncology Leadership Team (OLT) Team and a member of the Oncology Business Unit Leadership Team (OBU).
- This role will also support up to three other direct reports of the VP.
- The Senior Personal Assistant serves as the primary point-of- contact to internal and external customers for requests pertaining to the office of the VP. He/she also serves as a liaison to GPPS Oncology Leadership Team, and other internal and external contacts.
- The Senior Personal Assistant is often responsible for management of highly confidential and time sensitive requests/material. The successful Senior Personal Assistant is discreet, respectful and can professionally respond pro-actively, not to react to challenging situations.
- Senior Personal Assistant support to the VP/ Chief of Staff/ Project Manager in a fast paced, high volume changing environment requires resilience and personal flexibility; due to routine and urgent business critical requests across several time zones, the Senior Personal Assistant is often required to be available outside regular working hours.
- Prepares documents and presentation materials; screens and responds to incoming correspondence, inquiries, and phone calls; drafts letters and official information releases
- Manages the VP's/ Chief of Staff/ Project Manager and other direct reports' appointments and schedules and makes travel arrangements to make best use of their time
- Complete accurate monthly expense reports for submission using internal expenses system, including approving direct reports' expenses following due diligence and in line with corporate guidelines and deadlines
- Prepare and create purchase orders as needed for all payables to vendors, including approvals on behalf of VP/ Chief of Staff/ Project Manager and team.
- Gathers, compiles, verifies, and analyses information for the VP/ Chief of Staff/ Project Manager and team. to use in documents such as memos, letters, reports, speeches, presentations, and news releases
- Coordinates internal and external meetings so that they run smoothly, including scheduling meeting times, making travel arrangements for attendees, and ensuring that various meeting amenities are available
- Able to set up meetings & teleconference calls using various types of technology, including: telepresence, video conferencing, teleconference, WebEx, VMR, etc... both domestic & internationally
- Facilitates smooth communications between the VP and other executives, managers, vice presidents, direct reports and employees; and between the VP and external parties such as media, customers, and the public
- Accurately transcribes, types, formats and proof reads a wide variety of material (for example correspondence, invoices, contracts, meeting minutes, reports, speeches and presentations) using Microsoft office
- Accesses the VP's email accounts to schedule their appointments and answer or redirect routine enquiries from internal or external sources. triage and prioritize e-mail; flag time-sensitive requests/approvals
- Provides specialist project based administrative support when required
- Handles confidential information and maintains the security of the VP's records and files
- Maintains the VP's/ Chief of Staff's/ Project Manager's and team's office and accounting records; monitors, reviews, and approves standard expenditures to ensure that the activities of the office are conducted within established budgets
- Performs other administrative tasks using independent judgement and discretion
- Plans, organizes and schedules own workload so that all activities are completed accurately and on time
- Provide full recruitment support for VP/ Chief of Staff/ Project Manager and team.; serve as liaison between Human Resources, Executive Search and internal/ external candidates
- Plan full logistics of team off-sites and town halls within budget including direct vendor contact and negotiations, including setting up of contracts
- Part of a wider support Admin team working together to share best practice, support and resolving problems ? acts as a mentor/coach to less experienced admin staff and peers
- 5-7 years' experience supporting Senior and/or Executive Leaders required (within the Medical/Pharma Industry desired)
- Two-year Associate Degree or proven equivalent experience
- Able to communicate effectively with ease and confidence, both written and verbal
- Keen understanding of professional and diplomatic interpersonal skills
- With an eye for detail, manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and effectively
- Has general knowledge of working globally within a variety of cultures
- Forward looking, results oriented, focused thinker and proactive
- Works well independently, but also works in a team setting
- Flexible with a 'can-do' attitude, but will delegate when necessary
- Responsive, not reactive, using own initiative
- Self-developer and learner
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced PC skills and ability including Microsoft office and other bespoke industry applications, e.g. Sharepoint and BOX
This 12 + month position starts ASAP.
Please E-MAIL your resume (attachment to email) with rate and availability to Jennifer: email@example.com
ALPHA'S REQUIREMENT #17-00873