|Reference # : ||21-04546
||Title : ||Product Delivery/Editorial Support Specialist|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||09/02/2021
| Description |
| Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Product Delivery / Editorial Support Specialist for a CONTRACT assignment with one of our premier Informational Technology Services clients in Miamisburg, OH . |
The position supports product delivery forpublications (print, CD, DVD and EHD/external hard drive) in accordance with production cycle time and product quality requirements. Work as part of a team of other production specialists, team leads and coordinators, to support product functionality enhancements, improved quality control measures and process improvements. Responsible for basic administrative and organizational tasks required to ensure timely completion of products and projects.
- Proficiently perform desktop publishing functions using XPP and other software to format production-ready files for offline print products, including: indexes, covers, copyright pages, title pages, tables, acts/chapters, Table of Contents, and other text.
- Acquire data from various sources to assemble an electronic library. Data includes Case law, Statutes, Admin Codes, Court Rules, OAG, Treatise et al. Sources include EDEN, EAS, ECS, HTML, XML, VISF, and MS Word files
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of all scheduled deliverables.
- Initiate final product output extraction delivery per schedule or signoff by content owners.
- Perform rules- based quality assurance/proof review as part of product delivery process, by following established standards, along with verification of specific styling, format, and standardization rules.
- Ensure product completeness by performing standardized completeness check.
- Process LexisNexis cases through Klondike; analyze and validate converted data.
- Manipulate Folio Flat Files to fix and enhance data tagging and functionality.
- Meet and/or exceed established quality and production metrics.
- Maintain and update schedules in existing scheduling systems.
- Monitor, track and report on status of work to stakeholders for publications and products.
- Create necessary webstars to correct output/spec issues; monitor and track resolution and report on status to publication and product stakeholders.
- Analyze and validate converted data and help implement improvements as necessary to ensure seamless conversion from various data sources.
- Assist in creating and maintaining documentation, training and evaluating work of other group members.
- Participate in or lead project efforts, as assigned by manager.
- Assist production and development staff with functionality enhancements.
Required Skills :
SGA is a technology and resource solutions provider driven to stand out. We are a women-owned business. Our mission: to solve big IT problems with a more personal, boutique approach. Each year, we match consultants like you to more than 1,000 engagements. When we say let's work better together, we mean it. You'll join a diverse team built on these core values: customer service, employee development, and quality and integrity in everything we do. Be yourself, love what you do and find your passion at work. Please find us at https://sgainc.com .
- College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational, written/oral communication, collaboration skills and attention to detail required.
- Multi-tasking capabilities and flexibility to adjust to a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment.
- Technical knowledge: Basic computer skills; MS Office Applications, Adobe Acrobat, FTP software. Experience with XML, HTML and XPP files preferred. Knowledge of XPP spec writing is NOT required.
- Ability to readily adapt to change.
- Candidate should show strong initiative skills to successfully meet customer needs and product requirements.
- Strong collaborative, communication and initiative skills are necessary to successfully meet customer needs and product requirements
- Ideal candidate will be an outgoing team player who is willing to be challenged on a regular basis and has a demonstrated desire and willingness to learn and lead others.
EEO Employer: Race, Color, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Religion, National Origin, Disability, Veteran Status, Age, Marital Status, Pregnancy, Genetic Information, or Other Legally Protected Status.