|Reference # : ||17-04823
||Title : ||Systems Administrator|
|Position Type : ||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||09/28/2017
| Description |
Describe the required skills/certifications needed:
- Design and deploy new infrastructure solutions and enhancements to existing security, storage, and server solutions.
- Design, implement, and manage Active Directory Schema, Forests, Domains, and Certificates on Domain Controllers.
- Design, implement, and administer Active Directory Group Policies and company security policies.
- Configure and maintain physical and Virtual environments.
- Provide on-site and remote troubleshooting and diagnosis of various networking systems
- Perform upgrades, configuration maintenance, and repairs of system hardware and software
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backups, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company's policies and procedures, including disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Collaborate with infrastructure staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to integration design, system configuration, and technology roadmaps.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Provide 24x7 support and problem resolution for infrastructure and operational issues and escalation of application issues to the development team.
- Monitor performance and capacity of all components supporting the applications.
- Scripting and automation of processes using PowerShell and other tools.
- University degree in computer science or software engineering and/or 3 years' equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in the design, development, and implementation of computing systems, applications, and related products.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols, and Internet standards, including DNS, DHCP, NTP, SMTP.
- Strong ability to multitask and resolve issues with urgency.
- The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years' hands-on experience with the operation and management of hypervisors such as Hyper-V, VMWare or Citrix XenServer.
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, including Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012, and the deployment thereof.
- Candidate will also demonstrate an overall knowledge of data center technologies, including TCP/IP networking, SANs (Storage Area Networks), backup systems, and data center facilities management.
- The ideal candidate will also be familiar with Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008/R2 and 2012, the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and related technologies, and Active Directory.
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages, such as VB-Script and Powershell, for data center automation.
- SAN design and administration are a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) 2003, MCTS in Virtualization or equivalent required