Your primary goal is to recover outstanding revenue due, while attempting to identify and minimize potential areas of risk, error or oversight. Although our goal is recovery, it is important to enhance the patient experience through exceptional customer services. Client and Customer satisfaction is paramount to stay aligned with our core Values and Mission. Our professionally trained staff members are well versed in all aspects of the revenue cycle from the front-end service to arriving in bad debt. Our staff engages in dialogue ranging from payment in full, partial payments, good faith payments, formalized payment arrangements and insurance inquiries to the possibility of financial assistance depending on the patients repayment abilities.
The Collections Specialist contributes to the achievement of financial targets, performance standards and service delivery.
In this position you will:
- Take initiative to secure payment or resolve delinquent account balances.
- Negotiate terms of repayment to bring accounts current.
- Skip tracing to ensure optimal opportunities for account resolution.
- Re-establish defaulted payment plans. Resolve exceptions to ensure the proper flow of accounts through the collections process.
- Minimize accounts written off to internal bad debt.
- Minimize the number of accounts referred to third party collections agencies.