Experience Level: 7+ Years of Experience Technical Competency : IMS z/OS Database Administration Job/Role Description:
· Good experience in the administration of IMS for z/OS
· IMS Version 9 and 11
· Familiarity with Mainframe tools , Programs, utilities, TSO, ISPF, CLIST
· Analyze, develops, tests and implements database designs in support of client area technology requirements.
· Perform data modeling logical and physical database design
· Capacity planning , backups and recovery
· Know different kinds of IMS databases: HDAM, HIDAM, Partition Database, Department, HISAM, etc.
· Know all IMS process modes: DLI, BMP, and MPP
· Database definition "DBDs, Segments, Records, Pointers, Sequence fields, PCB, PSB, ACB Load/Unload, different kind of reorganization
· Primary and Secondary Indexes. Logical database relations
· Sound experience in database creation.
· Good command of writing complex DLI Code
· Sound experience in gathering information for corrective actions to maintain database performance and efficiency
· Sound Performance tuning experience, including DLI code and DB,
· Sound knowledge with IMS Administration and Usage and IMS High Availability Database Conversion Aid.
· Monitoring and maintaining database security on corporate application systems.
· BMC (any IMS tools) and IBM tools experience along with HALDB DB
· Facilitating sharing of common data by overseeing proper key management and the data dictionary.
· BMC and other third-party database performance, monitoring, and system status products, Datamanager Data Dictionary or other meta-data repository preferred.
· Maintaining the availability and integrity of databases(24*7)
· Database capacity planning (like storage capacity and backup capacity) and proven track record of proactive data capacity planning and maintenance.
· Meta-data repository experience a plus and
· Experience with database design, modeling, and implementation of new structures.
· Developing data models and database design with integration with other development teams and also develop the entity relationship models.
· Ensure that all database structures, data definitions, copybooks, programs, JCL, reports, transactions, terms and data elements (or meta data) within sphere of responsibility is managed on the Data Dictionary (Datamanager).
· Maintain the rules for references identifying usage and change relationships within the Data Dictionary.
· Database migration and Data Refresh activities across various sub systems.
· Good knowledge of Change Management process is required.