Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
AWS Cloud Engineer
We are looking for a cloud specialist with extensive hands-on experience with AWS.
· Oversight and management of an AWS managed services vendor with a focus on delivering a highly available, scalable enterprise platform to our clients.
· Automate the build and management of cloud infrastructure using AWS native tools, open-source tools, and third-party products.
· Define metrics derived from AWS environment data. Review metrics, monitoring and logs including identification of key correlations. Direct performance tuning and troubleshooting.
· Introduce new cloud technologies, processes and toolsets.
· Work closely with the development team to deliver software to clients with a focus on optimizing the AWS environment for availability, performance, cost, automation and time to implementation.
· Ability to define a best practices model for on-boarding of clients to AWS and ongoing operations.
· Provide input on design, implementation, operations, user guides, and training materials for the AWS environment.
· Provide support and mentor staff as required.
· Reviews and provides input to AWS policies and standard operating procedures.
· Willingness to learn and keep up with cloud innovations.
· 3 – 5 years of extensive experience of AWS cloud related services (compute, storage, network, messaging and automation) including design, maintenance and operations.
· 5 - 7 years of professional experience with exposure to Application Development, DevOps and System Administration.
· Solid understanding of AWS services: EC2, ECS, S3, RDS, VPC, CloudTrail, Config, CloudWatch, Lambda, Route53, SES, SNS, Organizations.
· DevOps and automation tools, such as Ansible, CloudFormation, Jenkins.
· Centralized server maintenance automation with AWS Systems Manager (SSM).
· Strong knowledge of security concepts across infrastructure and applications including encryption techniques along with an understanding of AWS IAM, KMS, role-based access controls, network ACLs, and Security Groups.
· Scripting language (Bash preferred).
· Cloud security solutions (WAFs, AWS Guard Duty, AWS Security Hub).
· Basics of relational databases management (SQL Server, MySQL).
· Linux/Unix administration (Red Hat based distributions).
· Source code management tools (Git and Subversion).
· Apache/Nginx working as webservers or reverse proxies.
· High availability engineering on AWS (ELB, EC2 autoscaling, launch templates).
· Basics of containerization with Docker.
· Networking and core Internet Protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SSL/TLS and routing in cloud environments.
· Cloud migration techniques.
· Detail-oriented, self-starter demonstrating a positive attitude.
· Windows Server administration.
· Familiarity with EFK stacks (Elasticsearch, Fluentd, Fluentbit, Kibana).
· Knowledge of AWS services: API Gateway, CodeBuild, CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, Cognito, Secrets Manager, Workspaces.
· Familiarity with Java-based application servers and frameworks (Wildfly, Springboot).
· AWS pricing concepts.
Nice to Have
· Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
· Experience with Azure Active Directory.
· Containers orchestration with Kubernetes.
· Knowledge of AWS Amplify, Athena, Macie.
· AWS certification(s).
Apply by creating/using an account