Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects of various sizes and complexities, which will implement strategic objectives of one or more business areas, according to strict deadlines, and defined budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Senior Project Manager will also define the project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle, using proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills in order to maximize the benefit of IT and Business investments.
The Project Manager is experienced and self-sufficient in performing his/her responsibilities, including project related decisions, requiring little supervision, but general guidance and direction.
• Responsible for management of a multiple Projects and or Large Programs for App Dev of high complexity, priority, and risk.
• Clearly defines the project scope and objectives.
• Oversee the development of the detailed business requirements for the project and ensures they address the business unit's objectives.
• Develop a detailed estimate of the level of effort, schedule and budget necessary to successfully develop and deliver the solution meeting the requirements and quality expectations.
• Develop an initial plan to clearly define the project requirements and determine an appropriate solution design.
• Escalate problems as necessary to ensure awareness and seek assistance with resolution when necessary.
• Meet the project requirements by delivering a quality solution, on time, and within the planned budget.
• Create and manage all of the accepted project management deliverables including the project charter, project plan, budget, resource plan, risk plan, support plan, implementation plan and other deliverables as required
• Track, manage, and adjust the original plan as necessary to ensure successful delivery
• Communicate the requirements, solution design, and estimates to the project sponsor(s).
• Provide regular status reports to stakeholders, sponsors, the enterprise, and others involved in the project.
• Effectively coordinate with the various technology, business, and vendor teams to ensure the project's success.
• Multi Year App Dev PM experience on large projects / program necessary
• Bachelor's Degree, in a technical or scientific field or equivalent experience, education or training.
• PMP Certification required
• 8 – 12 years of experience in an IT
• 6-8 or more years direct work experience in a project management capacity for Application Development, including all aspects of process development and execution.
• Successful management of medium-large size project(s) / Programs with a Team of 15+ (direct or matrix) and/or a budget of ?$1MM.
• Previous airline or travel industry experience a big plus.
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge and skills related to project management.
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of managing projects using an Project Management Life Cycle and creating lifecycle deliverables including detailed project, risk, and issue plans to ensure project goals are accomplished.
• Demonstrated advanced use of Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Visio, and PPM.
• Strong written and oral communication skills to appropriate levels within the sponsoring business areas.
• Strong interpersonal skills with appropriate levels within the sponsoring business areas.
• Team Player: working well in a collaborative setting. Acts as a resource to colleagues with less experience.
• Flexible during times of change.
• Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
• Tenacious, persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
• Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
• Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
*** Position is potentially contract to hire. A face to face interview will be required for the second round interview. Candidates must be able to commit to a F2F interview in Chicago ***
Apply by creating/using account