Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
To be considered for work, A CANDIDATE MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN with SECRET/TOP SECRET Clearance with DOD 8570 certifications (Security+ CE and OS certification such as Linux+, Red Hat, etc.) Contractor personnel shall minimally possess a DOD SECRET clearance in accordance with the DD Form 254, but be capable of obtaining a DOD TOP SECRET clearance to facilitate future systems administration services, which are anticipated to require a DOD Top Secret Clearance.
Statement of Work:
This Statement of Work (SOW) defines on-site systems administration services required by IBM to support multiple existing IBM iDataPlex High Performance Computing Systems delivered and deployed in 2012 under separate U.S. Government contract(s). These systems remain in production at the U.S. Army Research Lab DoD Supercomputing Resource Center (ARL DSRC), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
This SOW also incorporates future systems administration services for an additional IBM iDataPlex High Performance Computing System that is currently located at the Navy DoD Supercomputing Resource Center, Stennis Space Center, MS. This system is scheduled to be relocated, reconfigured, and recommissioning from the Navy site to the ARL customer site later this calendar year (2017). Relocation, reconfiguration, and recommissioning of this system will be managed by our client under separately subcontracted activities and are not included in this SOW; however, future systems administration services for this system are included.
Contractor Task Description:
The on-site Senior HPC System Administrators (SA) will be engaged in the full spectrum system management/administration activities on ARL IBM iDataPlex systems. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
a. Acting as technical liaison between the ARL DSRC and OEM/third party support teams to facilitate, optimize, and maintain site specific customization (e.g. customer network, accounting, and security requirements).
b. Providing maintenance for, and tuning the operating system, associated middle-ware, and native file systems.
c. Implementing Information Assurance (IA) required functionality and performing periodic Comprehensive Security Assessment (CSA) scanning,
d. Providing the ARL DSRC Operational Management Team with operational and workload support, and being responsible for improving systems availability, reliability, and efficiency.
e. Providing technical leadership and knowledge to the DSRC User Support Team to help support user application/data porting/migration issues.
f. Assisting the ARL DSRC Team with:
1) Obtaining, managing, deriving, and analyzing of accounting, auditing, performance, and utilization data.
2) Capacity and migration planning of new software and hardware products.
g. Providing assistance with maintenance and tuning of the Government furnished, third party job queuing and scheduling system.
h. Assisting the ARL DSRC teams with trouble-shooting and problem determination as it pertains to third party job scheduling software (i.e., PBSPro).
i. Performing Scheduled System Maintenance:
1) Responsible for maintaining the OS, software, and firmware levels on the IBM iDataPlex systems.
2) Implementation of monitoring and support tools for realization of higher quality services including increased efficiency and enhanced productivity.
3) Work with the ARL DSRC Technical Contact to schedule downtime for a preventative maintenance (PM) action.
4) Work with ARL DSRC and appropriate OEM/third party organizations while planning for the Scheduled System Maintenance.
5) Perform software and firmware upgrades as directed and appropriate.
6) As appropriate, work with ARL DSRC, OEM and third party maintenance providers (including hardware support vendors and software support vendors) and other systems integrators to resolve any issues associated with the upgrades/PM actions. j. Completing the necessary training and other steps required to obtain and maintain Information Assurance certifications.
k. Working with ARL DSRC to schedule training and certification activities in a way that minimizes impact to the site.
ARL DSRC priorities will dictate sequencing of tasks requiring IBM iDataPlex support at any particular time. The SA shall continue to pursue maximum system availability (&Client; 97%) with minimal system/node interrupts (for all systems iDataPlex systems).
Required skills/Level of Experience:
The systems administrator shall have the following minimum skills:
Solid understanding of high performance computing (HPC) environment concepts in a large scale HPC system.
Solid understanding of IBM iDataPlex high performance computing architectures – including, but not limited to, X86 processor technology.
Subject matter expert (SME) with Linux maintenance and administration, and shell scripting
6 years' experience managing large HPC clusters at major government or commercial sites.
Software expertise with the following applications:
IBM Spectrum Scale Standard Server/Client
Client Composer XE
Must possess an active DOD Secret Level security clearance for consideration
DOD 8570 certifications required, i.e. Security+ CE and OS certification such as Linux+, Red Hat, etc.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have skills:
• Mellanox Unified Fabric Manager (UFM)
Apply by creating/using account