Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Immediate need for a talented Software Engineer in Qlty. This is a 6+ Month contract opportunity with long term potential and is located in San Diego, CA. Please review the job description below and contact me ASAP if you are interested.
JOB ID: 16-32519
• Apply defined software quality best practices and procedures to design, influence, and drive quality and testability of client’s software.
• Develop test strategy for Web service projects of moderate level of complexity.
• Work with developers and product managers, as well as review functional and technical documentation, in order to understand project requirements for the creation of real-world test plans, test cases, and test code.
• Implement and perform automated testing of various Web services to ensure superb code quality.
• Integrate tests into the build and deployment processes, checking for sufficient code coverage.
• Conduct test case reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture business functionality.
• Participate in design reviews and code reviews as additional steps to verify that quality and testability are built in to the product.
• Execute all components of product testing, such as functional regression, end-to-end, performance and load, and failure mode testing.
• Actively participate in establishing project plans, estimate work, and monitor progress against milestones.
• Communicate and coordinate testing with local and offshore teams.
• Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentoring junior engineers and new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems relating to quality engineering.
• Make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, and quality assurance best practices and processes.
• Investigate and evaluate new testing technologies and products for application within the environment.
• Develop new testing tools and frameworks to make the testing process effective and efficient.
• Strong development experience with Java/JEE
• Experience with REST-based Web services
• Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available Web applications
• Experience with white box testing and test automation frameworks/harnesses (JUnit, TestNG, …)
• Good understanding of the software design/architecture process
• Comfortable with one or more IDEs (Eclipse, IntelliJ, …)
• Experience with Maven (preferred) or Ant
• Familiarity with Jenkins or other continuous integration tools
• Experience with GitHub or other source control systems
• A passion for developing quality-oriented software
• Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Self-directed and self-motivated individual who takes complete ownership of the product and its outcome
• BS/MS in computer science or related field
• 5 years (minimum) of work experience (3 or more years with master's degree)
• Tomcat or JBoss
• Agile development
Our client is a leading Financial organization and we are currently interviewing to fill this and other similar contract positions. Qualified candidates should apply NOW for immediate consideration.
Apply by creating/using account