Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job ID#: 16-23555
Title: Tech Lead - Microstrategy
Enterprise Data Delivery Services is currently seeking a Development Manager to manage a team of developers responsible for project delivery and production support for a suite of BI/Analytics applications.
• Resource Management for a team of MicroStrategy Developers
• Advisor to project teams regarding design and development activities, standards, risk mitigation and issue resolution.
• Thought leader of team that interacts with business teams and other stakeholders to define reporting solutions to meet diverse, complex business needs.
• Recommends changes to policies and established procedures that affect immediate organization’s success.
• Manage and track action items, issues, and risks associated with a suite of applications. Follow up on items with appropriate parties to ensure their resolution and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
• Develop and manage a BI Consulting practice
• Partner with Architecture Services to develop Reference Architectures, Patterns and Roadmaps for BI/Analytics. Establish and maintain design and development best practices.
• Define and develop strategy for the roll out of the new features of the MicroStrategy tool and version upgrades.
• Development and monitoring of performance metrics and Service Level Agreements.
• Provide proactive production support for MicroStrategy and other BI/Analytics applications. This includes monitoring usage patterns and recommending improvements.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant IT related experience and 3+ years management experience
• Minimum of 10 years experience with relational databases and SQL
• Minimum 7 years of current and hands-on experience with the MicroStrategy tool and demonstrated expertise with complex and high volume Datamarts with Star Schema and Type 2 dimensions. Demonstrated experience delivering solutions to stringent SLAs for report performance.
• Thorough knowledge of all features of MicroStrategy including but not limited to the following capabilities – Dimensional Modeling, Enterprise Manager, Cube Advisor, Cube creation/management/automation, Distribution Services, Transactional services, Visual Insight, Mobile.
• Experience planning initiatives (including creation of business cases, formation of projects, and development of resource plans)
• Demonstrated delivery of multiple complex projects
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines
• Demonstrated partnership with business clients and value proposition of projects / portfolio.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Experience managing dedicated and matrixed resources
• Ability to establish / build cross divisional relationships / collaboration
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with team members, stakeholders, and Sr. management on both the business and IT sides.
• Understanding of the secondary mortgage industry.
• MicroStrategy certified
• Experience with Agile development
• Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, SAS, Tableau
• Experience with Big Data
• Experience with a large Consulting company
Apply by creating/using an account