Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Immediate need for a talented Sr QA Engineer with experience in the Retail/Ecommerce Industry.
This is a 6 month contract opportunity with long-term potential and is located in Middletown, NJ. Please review the job description below and contact me ASAP if you are interested.
Job ID: [16-20833]
· MUST HAVE - POINT OF SALE Testing Experience (Preferred Home Improvement Retailers)
· MUST HAVE – Retail Order and Fulfilment Application Areas
· MUST HAVE - Good Command on SQL; Back End Testing
· MUST HAVE – Experience of Leading 3-5 Member Offshore Team
· Good to Have- Experience with Command Line Unix Commands
· Good to Have- Experience with JCL
· Includes all the requirements of a QA Engineer
· Assists in the development of the software quality assurance (SQA) test strategy for moderately to highly complex IT initiatives across multiple SQA domains by analyzing business and technology requirements to ensure testability and traceability;
· collaborating with cross-functional IT and business stakeholders to review and approve the overall testing approach;
· verifying the validation of test data and environment requirements
· Provides end-to-end quality assurance throughout the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for moderately to highly complex IT initiatives in multiple SQA domains by developing and executing front- and/or back-end test cases and scenarios in accordance with the GQS framework and company testing methodology;
· collaborating with cross‑functional IT teams to gain buy-in and approval of test plans;
· tracking software quality metrics across testing phases (e.g., SIT, Performance, UAT, Automation, Production Validation);
· managing the software defect life cycle;
· participating in root cause analysis of identified defects;
· enforcing entry and exit criteria throughout the SDLC;
· identifying and escalating quality risks, issues, conflicts, and/or resistance across teams throughout the SDLC;
· Assists in the development of software quality assurance (SQA) project plans for moderate to highly complex projects by participating in the identification of project scope and level‑of‑effort (LOE) estimates;
· assisting management to identify necessary resources and associated skill-sets required to deliver project objectives;
· identifying training needs and mentoring junior team members as appropriate
· Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and 6+ years experience in SQA or related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
· Minimum 2+ years experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
· Master's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field preferred
· Quality Assurance Institute (QAI) or American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification preferred
· Institution of Electrical Engineering (IEEE), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), or Six Sigma certification preferred
· 3+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization preferred.
· 3+ years of experience working with third party IT vendors preferred
· 4+ years of IT experience in the retail industry preferred
· 4+ years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of software development life cycle(s) (SDLC).
· 3+ years of experience writing technical documentation in a software testing or quality assurance environment.
Our client is a leading organization and we are currently interviewing to fill this and other similar contract positions. If you are interested in this position, please apply online for immediate consideration.
Apply by creating/using account