Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Immediate need for a talented Oracle Shipping Functional SME with experience in the IT Industry.
This is a Full Time opportunity with long-term potential and is located in Louisville, KY. Please review the job description below and contact me ASAP if you are interested.
Job ID: [16-20307]
Skillsets needed -
1. Hands-on experience in Shipping transactions like Pick Release, Pick Confirm, Ship Confirm and Trip-Stop Mgmt for serialized /non-serialized items and for different type of order flows i.e. Standard, Drop Ship, B2B and ISOs.
2. Hands-on experience in determining Shipping Setups and Configurations like Shipping Parameters and Grants/Roles.
3. Hands-on experience on Oracle Shipping’s seeded integrations with Oracle OM and INV modules.
4. Though this role isn’t required to write code, person must know internal working of Shipping Open Interfaces and APIs e.g. Delivery Creation and Ship Confirm APIs.
· R12 Implementation Experience of recent 2-4 years in above areas. Total Oracle EBS experience should be 8 years or more.
6. (Desirable) Experience in Freight Carrier Setups, in trouble-shooting Interface trip-stop failures and in customizing Order Management workflows to meet non-standard business needs, if any.
Job Responsibilities -
1. Utilize your functional (70%) & technical (30%) skills to give shape to future business processes and architecture in the areas of Oracle Shipping Execution.
2. Drive map-gap discussions with business users and document the solution alternatives (7-ways) in order to help conclude on the optimum choice, with a goal of minimizing customizations and of long-term sustenance. Work as a business partner, but provide pushback if these goals do not seem to meet.
3. Do the setups and configurations as needed for Oracle Shipping Execution in DEV environments. Document the setups in a BR100 document, get it signed off from GE and handover to designated GE setup owners for doing setups in TEST, QA and PROD. Keep BR100 up-to-date.
4. For any customized process, write the functional design document (MD020) and get it signed off from business. For the technical design document (MD060), provide detailed inputs to development team.
5. Develop and execute testscripts for unit-testing, business-testing (during CRPs/UATs) and integration-testing (during SIT).
6. Work effectively with business, vendor/partners's resources and various IT teams such as Infrastructure, SOA and DBAs. Raise red flags promptly. Assist in building consensus and resolving conflicts, if any.
7. In case of issues discovered, help in troubleshooting and performance tuning of Oracle Shipping Execution module. Raise SRs with Oracle whenever needed and keep them up to date.
8. Simplify business processes with the help of Oracle Shipping Execution module. Standardize the processes wherever opportunity exists e.g. by reusing the object or by following a global design when available. Help maximizing business goals.
9. Learn, adopt and help improving GE Appliances ERP implementation standards, policies, governance and operational procedures.
10. Proactively set action plans for oneself and for the team working with you, with minimum supervision.
11. Share all your work with GE and vendor/partner’s team, follow all the knowledge management practices, and whenever necessary, provide an effective KT / training to identified resources.
Business end-user training is NOT part of your responsibilities, neither developing content, nor imparting training.
Our client is a leading organization and we are currently interviewing to fill this and other similar contract positions. If you are interested in this position, please apply online for immediate consideration.
Apply by creating/using an account