Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Immediate need for a Senior Network Engineer - DC Area with experience in the Banking & Financial Industry. This is 6 + Months contract opportunity with long-term potential located in McLean,VA. Please review the job description below:
Job ID: 17-21457
• Support critical large-scale projects in the areas of Network and Security.
• Work closely with technology and business stakeholders to understand goals, identify requirements, support security risk assessments, design and implement solutions.
• Provide technical guidance, develop design documents, perform product installation, upgrades and certification, implementation plan, deployment and troubleshooting.
• Diagnose, solve and provide root cause analysis for hardware and network related issues.
• Understand and advocate Network & Security standards, reference architectures and robust/scalable/secure Network & Security infrastructure, its outcome and ongoing results.
• Coordination with Operations team for the design, build and production readiness of Network and Security infrastructure solutions supporting mission critical production environments.
• Ensure decisions around Network and Security solutions are made and deviations from standards are properly identified, addressed and communicated.
• Stay current with developing technologies and predict impact of changing technologies.
• Identify opportunities to simplify and keep the Network and Security infrastructure current.
• Provide effective written and oral communication at all levels of management, peers and customers.
• Communicate effectively with clients to identify business needs, development efforts and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
• Continually define ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
Key Requirements and Technology Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology, engineering, computer science, related field or equivalent experience.
• 10 years of relevant experience in IT Network Engineering and Operations.
• 7+ years in a senior level engineering role engaged with IP network technologies including LAN switching, BGP/OSPF routing, VPLS/MPLS, traffic engineering, server load balancing, network security, network monitoring.
• Understand High Availability and Disaster Recovery concepts as apply to Network and Security designs.
• 7+ years of experience with the design, configuration, implementation and troubleshooting of Cisco IOS, Cisco Nexus Switches and Routers, Cisco Firepower IDS/IPS and VPN (ASA), F5 Load Balancers, Checkpoint and Palo Alto Firewalls, Arista Switches, Bluecoat Proxy.
• Experience with NTP, DNS and DHCP infrastructure design.
• Experience with SDN design for large scale multi-site data center environments.
• Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls.
• Experience with cloud network and security design and implementation.
• Must be able to effectively perform both independently and collaboratively as a strong team contributor.
• Ability to adapt to change; provide quality and on-time delivery.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills required.
Our client is a leading Banking & Financial Industry and we are currently interviewing to fill this and other similar contract positions. Qualified candidates should apply online for immediate consideration.
Apply by creating/using account