Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Immediate need for a talented Desktop Support with experience in the IT Industry. This is a 12 month contract opportunity with long-term potential and is located in Quincy, IL. Please review the job description below and contact me ASAP if you are interested.
Location: Great Falls, MT / Quincy, IL
Duration: 12 Months
Minimum of 2 years’ technical experience in providing Field Support which includes:
a. PC hardware repair (Dell/HP)
b. Windows system support
c. OS X Support (10% of techs should have this skill)
d. Software installation/troubleshooting
e. Performing Tech Refresh
f. Mobile device support (iOS/iPhone/iPads) – excluding warranty hardware repair
h. Asset tracking
i. Stock room management
j. Basic support in Video conferencing equipment
2. General Core Competencies to be considered when hiring:
a. Customer focused – Customer is #1 Attitude
b. Personal accountability for results
c. Detail oriented
d. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
e. High integrity
3. A minimum of two confirmed references is preferred.
4. The following educational/technical certifications are preferred:
a. Technical degree (i.e. Associates, Bachelors, etc.) or equivalent in years of experience in Field Support
b. Dell/HP hardware certifications
c. Technical certifications (e.g. A+, MCDST, MCP, MCSA, etc.).
5. Candidate has a professional appearance (i.e. grooming, clothing, etc.).
Roles and Responsibilities:
Desk Side Engineer
• Accurately test, identify, repair, resolve and document end user technical issues for basic desktop/laptop/workstation support, basic connectivity support (wired and wireless), PDAs, BlackBerrys and basic printer support.
o Anthem owned equipment
o Apple support – Smart hands and feet, also coordination w Anthem Apple team.
o Questions about nonstandard equipment should be brought to HCL management’s attention
• Troubleshoot and resolve software issues. Ability to install, configure, reconfigure or reinstall software including remote support
• Update the tickets in ITSM & work on tickets within the defined service levels
o Appropriate notes required
o HOLD reason notes required
o Missed schedule date notes required
o Ticket transfer reason notes required
o Identify tickets that should be project and provide info to the Project Management team
• Update TAMIT (SNOW) Asset Database for each hardware interaction.
o While at an associates desk, check other assets at the desk and update asset database
o 100% compliance required
o Asset salvage runs scheduled by the Stockroom Tech/FST.
• Reimaging computers/hard drives in accordance with customer standards
• IMACD function including installation and decommission.
• Backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities
• Drive end to end ownership of issues to provide a resolution for all requests and incidents.
• Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
• Move equipment associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests
• Perform asset inventory activities to maintain accuracy.
• Trains and orients staff on use of hardware and software.
• Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
• Other tasks as assigned by Site Lead/Regional Lead.
• Work w the team/partner w HCL SD/ATS/FSS teams to improve service.
• Maintain a clean work environment.
Our client is a leading IT organization and we are currently interviewing to fill this and other similar contract positions. Qualified candidates should apply NOW for immediate consideration.
Apply by creating/using account