Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
The primary objective of the Oracle DBA is to provide database infrastructure assistance to the software development team.
In this role, the Oracle DBA will assist with database maintenance activities that support the software development team. Tasks will heavily focus around the migration from Oracle 11g to 12c.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Assist the DBA team and developers with database activities
o Database and data change management including maintenance of multiple development, test, QA, and production environments. Responsible for deploying approved changes through the various stages of the development life cycle
o Database, SQL and PL/SQL optimization including performance tuning, query optimization and supportability.
o Perform general technical troubleshooting and give consultation to development teams
o Manage in Oracle database design and code reviews
• Design, develop, implement, and maintain
o PL/SQL utility software to be utilized by development teams to perform common database tasks
o An automated, controlled, and consistent database change management process
• Assist the architecture team in developing and maintaining documentation and standards
o Develop and implement database security policies and procedures, in line with corporate objectives.
o A good knowledge of Oracle security management and application security approaches
• Regular proactive capacity planning and tending reviews of all applicable Oracle databases
• Regular proactive database monitoring and issue resolution
• Ability to perform both Oracle and operating system performance tuning and monitoring
o A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources
• Work with operations DBA to provide support, including driving root cause analysis (RCA), preventative action follow-through, and participation in weekly operations reviews
o Responsible for evaluating Oracle database patch releases and communicating application impact
• Must have 5+ years of Oracle DBA experience
• Must be experienced on Oracle 11g, 12c is a plus
• Familiarity with ASM and database export backup using Data Pump and RMAN
• Strong skills in SQL, PL/SQL, Linux Shell, tuning and debugging
• Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager and other Oracle tools
• Ability to work well with development and infrastructure teams
• Effectively interface with Oracle corporation for technical support
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail and communication skills both written and verbal w/preparing reports, presentations and documentation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work on many tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment
• Highly adaptable with ability to work in a fast paced demanding environment
• Ability to prioritize heavy workload with minimum supervision
• Experience with virtualized environments
• Experience in data modeling.
• Experience with management, maintenance, and best practices of Oracle LOBs.
Not Required, but Preferred:
• Understanding of high availability and disaster recovery requirements and solutions
o Experience with Oracle database replication
• Experience with network troubleshooting techniques
• Experience with Oracle Application Express (APEX)
• Experience supporting .NET applications
• Experience supporting Java applications
• Optimization of Oracle database hardware configuration
• Optimization of Oracle database SAN
• Experience with Subversion, Git, Docker, Puppet, and continuous integration is a plus.
• Experience in working with or part of a DevOps team.
Apply by creating/using an account