Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Just had a cloud engineer come out at AA, CTH. The manager is looking for candidates similar to that Puppet Specialist that we have. They need Cloud Automation, Puppet in Cloud or or Python in Cloud is ideal. Job description is below. Let me know if you have anyone that can convert. Skype interview is acceptable on this one. Ideally someone in the $70's/ hr range. Thanks!
American Airlines is seeking a Cloud Services Engineer for a 6-month contract, possibly contract-to-hire opportunity located in Fort Worth, TX.
This is a senior infrastructure engineering role for public and private cloud environments. The successful candidate with have specific experience building and supporting public cloud PaaS and IaaS environments for public facing applications using Infrastructure as Code. This contractor will create automation for infrastructure build and configuration management and write troubleshooting documentation for virtual systems hosted within public cloud environments. They will work with multiple managed service providers, providing guidance on the deployment of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and as a Level 3 escalation point for Operations issues regarding those environments.
• Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent IT experience of 10+ years required.
• 2+ years of infrastructure engineering with one or more of Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, IBM SoftLayer, or similar PaaS/IaaS vendor required.
• 3+ years Systems Administration or Engineer experience required.
• JSON, YAML, and Python experience preferred.
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux server certification preferred.
• Developer experience with PaaS solutions combined with the above would be an excellent fit.
• Third level support for public cloud related problems.
• Engineering tasks for automation of public cloud infrastructure.
• Develop automation scripted tasks for Development and Production environments.
• Advisor for Managed Service Providers.
• Orchestration / Automation skills: JSON and YAML for Infrastructure as Code.
• Scripting in Python and Linux shell.
• Configuration management skills: Puppet Enterprise or Ansible.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Problem solving skills: IT troubleshooting for compute and networking.
• Customer service and interpersonal skills: Ability to explain public cloud concepts and troubleshooting techniques to IT engineering and Operations teams.
• Security skills: Familiarity with both native and 3rd party mechanisms for securing data in public cloud platforms.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Builds Infrastructure as Code environments for Public Cloud environments.
• Write automation for infrastructure deployment and ongoing maintenance.
• Assists Developers and Operations (DevOps) teams with use of Platform as a Service (PaaS).
• Builds templates for virtual machines used for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
• Works with middleware teams to automation deployment and configuration of their tools.
• Assist multiple managed service providers to deploy and support Level 3 infrastructure problems.
• Uses ITIL compliant change management ticketing system to request and accept work.
• Troubleshoots advanced problems with Development and Production systems as necessary.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve remote system problems in public cloud hosting environments.
• Monitor system performance and reliability over time.
Apply by creating/using an account