Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Scope of Work:
Ability to work with Data Architect to review requirements to ensure thoroughness Ability to create logical models from requirements documents, interviews with business users and application developers using InfoSphere Data Architect Ability to create physical models from logical models applying best practices Ability to tune the physical model for best performance Ability to create and use Data Sourcing Document for each model created providing detailed instructions for data transformations required to populate the created database design Ability to perform Database Administration activities including creation of database objects, providing assistance to application and Cognos developers, managing backup and recovery processes, physical data organization and database object promotion between development, test, QA/UAT and production databases using DB2 and MS/SQL Server Ability to provide database performance and tuning for large and/or complex DB2 databases Ability to develop ETL and ELT data flows to populate development, test, QA/UAT and production databases using InfoSphere DataStag Ability to define and collect business and technical meta data about the database model objects designed and maintain this meta data in LCBE's meta data repository Ability to effectively use InfoSphere Data Architect to perform data modeling Ability to effectively use DB2 to perform Development DBA activities Ability to effectively use InfoSphere DataStage to perform ETL activities Ability and knowledge of Cognos to effectively coordinate and mediate Cognos developer recommendations relative to the data models in use
• Hands on experience with frameworks including support for taxonomies, entity relationships (ER models), ontology and modeling languages such as RDF, OWL and VML
• Experience in data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical Data Models.
• Capable of facilitating data discovery sessions involving business subject matter experts.
• Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
• Experience in the generation of physical schemas ( e.g. DDL, XSD, JSON, RDF )
• Experience with modeling tools (ERWin, ER/Studio, Sparx Enterprise Architect)
• Experience or knowledge of Insurance Industry models ( e.g. ACORD, IAA, DTCC )
• Experience or knowledge in the Life and Annuities Insurance Industry
• Experience or knowledge on data modeling that supports Micro-services and Pub/Sub Frameworks
• Experience in the evolution of the Data Lake from ingested sources to consumers.
• Experience in applying data management principles and industry standards to design, build and maintain complex data model assets in Transactional/Operational, ODS, Data Warehouse and Data Marts applications
• Knowledge of RDBMS platforms (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 / UDB) with experience in generating DDL
• Knowledge of NoSql & Big Data Platforms (e.g NoSql, MongoDB, Hadoop)
• Knowledge of Cloud ( e.g. Amazon RDS or Redshift, Azure Cloud Database as a Service )
• Ability to create and maintain conceptual/business, logical and physical data models.
• Ability to translate a logical model into a physical model, adding appropriate physical objects needed to create the database e.g. indexes.
• Experience maintaining a model repository.
• Ability to synchronize models to ensure that database structures match models.
• Familiar with metadata ingestion and translation.
Apply by creating/using an account