Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Corporate IT is looking for an experienced and talented Sr. Cloud Engineer who will be instrumental in transforming how IT computing services are leveraged to support company growth. This role will involve driving strategy, architecture, roadmaps, and execution of projects that will enable client to continue as the model for cloud IT infrastructure services.
● Participate in system design planning, review, and implementation to create enterprise solutions built on AWS and other cloud providers.
Develop and maintain standards for cloud platforms, operating systems, blueprints and artifacts.
● Execute large and transformational infrastructure projects (e.g. on-premises to cloud).
● Collaborate with peers and partners in the execution of technology product evaluations, code reviews, proof of concepts, pilots and the technology adoption lifecycles.
● Delivery of programmable infrastructure (Infrastructure as Code) and automation/orchestration such as network, security, server, IAM, OS and applications.
● Recommend modifications to systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance for delivering application and infrastructure in the cloud.
● Commitment to quality, reliability, uptime, customer satisfaction, and data security.
● Participate in agile infrastructure software development, scrum, kanban and sprints.
● Drive process adoption through documentation, brown bags, tech talks, etc.
● Deep dive and become an expert as needed classic infrastructure domains i.e.server, storage, network, security, database, IAM
● Be the subject matter expert for implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) for Infrastructure as Code.
● Develop containers and serverless platform strategy and delivery roadmap.
● Provide operational support for Infrastructure as Code and native public cloud services (AWS : IAM, Cloudtrail, VPC, EC2) Minimum Qualifications:
● Previous "hands-on” experience with design, implementation, operation, and maintenance, of AWS compute, security, storage, logging, and monitoring as required.
● Comprehensive experience with AWS technologies including solid understanding of S3, EBS, EC2, ECS, EKS, ELB/ALB, IAM, VPC, CloudTrail, and CloudWatch, KMS, Secrets Manager, Parameter Stores, Route53, Cert Manager.
● Knowledge of networking fundamentals and network requirements for a hybrid cloud environment.
● Demonstrated experience migrating on-premises applications to cloud-based offerings. ● Ability to code/script in administrative type language (e.g. Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Bash).
● Experience with configuration management tools, (e.g. Puppet, Packer, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
● Experience with orchestration technologies (e.g. Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, VMware vRealize Automation, etc.)
● Experience with cloud-based software development tools and methodologies (e.g. Git, CI/CD, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, Build Automation and Testing, etc.)
● Experience with container technologies (e.g. AWS EKS, Docker, AWS ECS, etc.)
● Experience with migration tools (e.g. AWS App Discovery Svc, Server Migration Service, Snowball, etc.)
● Must have strong experience in systems management in a cloud computing environment including the use of virtualization, load balancing, auto-scaling, networked storage, etc.
● Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining servers, storage arrays, and clusters.
● Knowledge of test driven development, with unit and functional testing as second nature ● Experience in creating both short and long term cloud computing roadmaps based on an understanding of the organizational strategic directions, technology and business needs.
● Have exceptional oral and written communication skills and work well in a distributed team environment where the goal is to spread knowledge.
● Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain technical documentation is required.
● Experience working within Agile software development methodology.
● BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Management, or a related field.
● Masters degree and 2+ years work experience or Bachelor's degree and 5+ years work experience) degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
● Certifications desired in cloud computing (AWS Solution Architect, AWS SysOps Administrator, AWS DevOps Engineer, etc.)
● Nice to have - Experience with other cloud providers (i.e. Azure, GCP, etc.).
● Experience in operating on-prem and cloud infrastructure and applications.
● Extensive hands-on experience with Linux systems (Redhat/CentOS or similar distributions) along with system services like DNS/DHCP, NFS, SYSLOG, SSH, SFTP, SSL, etc.
Apply by creating/using an account