Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title-Project Manager (Onsite/W-2)-
Duration-12 Months contract+
Exempt Position -
• End to End Project Management including Chartering, Resource Planning, Budgeting, Sponsor and Executive Committee Review, Planning, Execution and Project Closure.
• Diverse array of projects from tactical to strategic including cost reductions, process improvements, PeopleSoft/SAP deployments, Shared Service integration's, ERP upgrades, business process design and new functional process/technology introductions.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Run effective and efficient project management processes to drive good work prioritization and resource allocation decisions.
• Create project charters, project plans, resource plans, cost estimates
• Manage project resources to achieve project deliverables
• Reviews project spend budget and forecast variances to identify areas for action.
• Provide regular project updates to Sponsor, Steerage, and PMO's
• Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure timely and effective resolution
• Document and track activities, scope changes and lessons learned
• Ensure projects are delivered within timeline, budget and deliverables are met.
• Lead multi-million dollar projects
Required Education and Experience:
•Bachelor's degree required. MBA or equivalent preferred with Finance concentration.
•Previous experience in Finance Operations and/or Finance Transformation work including work in Shared Services Centers.
•Staffed and responsible for a work stream of tasks/deliverables on a complex Finance-systems implementation; project management work experiences.
•Work with multiple groups and cross function team experiences.
•Ability to interface at all levels within the organization and install confidence and trust
•Functional business experience (in Finance)
•Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and/or Project. Uses these tools to work more efficiently and reduce time.
•Problem Solving, Analytical skills, Exceptional Follow Through
•Demonstrates initiative and effectively manages self and team through a fast paced environment
•Demonstrate Project Management skills and experiences
•Process Improvement Experience
•Ability to prioritize work to meet deliverables / timelines in an effective manner
•Strong Organization Skills, Process Rigor, Attention to Detail, Responsive
•Understanding of Shared Services Operations
•Understanding of Corning Functional processes (Finance)
•Functional understanding of PeopleSoft and/or SAP systems
•Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
•Green Belt certification
•Excellent written and oral presentation skills needed to brief high level management
•Leadership skills to engage business leadership and leverage talent in a matrix organization
•Additional Leadership Skills: Influencing, Motivating, Change Champion, Adaptable,
•Sense of urgency and creativity to handle project issues and adapt plan to meet objectives
•Flexibility to adapt to changing environment; be a change agent to help others through change
•Customer Focus with emphasis on exceptional project delivery
Candidates must have valid passports and be open to travel if required. Travel may be in US or possibly outside of US as needed.
Apply by creating/using an account