Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Job title: Application Support
Job Location: Ashburn, VA
Job Duration: 1 yr, possible conversion
• Work in the client's Command Center monitoring and supporting payment services for key strategic CyberSource customers.
• Provide an outstanding and high touch customer experience by;
o Gaining a solid understanding of the Payment Ecosystem and how CyberSource services and solutions provides value.
o Become knowledgeable of the major business processes of the strategic customers and how the customers uses the payment services that CyberSource is providing.
• Use verbal and written communication skills to provide clear and concise communications including the participation in meetings, conference calls and technical troubleshooting bridges with internal technical staff, Customer support and external customers.
• Bridge the gap between technical staff and customers during an incident and implementation of changes.
• Provide support for applications in Linux environments and assist in troubleshooting network, database and system issues that may not be well documented.
• Use basic scripting skills to generate reports based on contractual requirements, work requests and incidents.
• Manipulate basic SQL queries and shell scripts to provide business and impact analysis. Work with the team to improve existing queries and scripts.
• Demonstrate an ability to investigate and identify root cause of incidents and problems based on customer information, business operations results, application behavior and log data.
• Demonstrate the ability to quickly gauge the scope and criticality of impacts or potential impacts from incidents and changes and take the appropriate actions.
• Works closely with other technical support teams and Customer Support to ensure incidents and work request are closed out and results and impacts are clearly communicated per the documented processes.
• Review and identify areas for improvement within documented procedures and work with appropriate groups to implement changes.
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic, with the ability to work in fast paced, team oriented environment.
• Use sound judgment and good time management skills, acts with a sense of urgency, proactive in the support of customer's services, drive incidents to resolution and complete assigned task on time in order to meet customer contractual requirements and expectations.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline completed. May be a 2 year IT Degree with relevant work experience.
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate is a plus.
• Six Sigma Certification is a plus.
• 5+ years working in a Linux environment.
• Proficient and comfortable communicating with external customers, technical teams, management and other customer support.
• Proficient in Microsoft office.
• Experience supporting and troubleshooting highly available systems.
• The ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once under duress.
• A proven technical aptitude and a desire to learn is a must.
• Experience with Ask Now, JIRA, Netcool or other industry standard monitoring and ticketing tools.
• Experience troubleshooting with Perfmon, Riverbed, or other performance monitoring tools.
This is a 24x7 support group with rotating and alternating shifts with various days off.
Overtime is required as requested to support absences, training and work load.
This is a Support role in an Operations department that requires shift work that will be scheduled overnight, weekends and holidays.
Apply by creating/using an account