Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Issuer Processing PMO provides support for ATM, Risk
services, Debit processing, Prepaid processing, Digital Issuance Processing,
Enhanced Visa Services (EVS), Visa Card Transaction Controls (VCTC), Network
Gateway services, and IT sponsored efforts. The team focuses on projects that
protect Visa's core business/brand, deliver cost efficiencies and increase
corporate effectiveness through standardized project management and agile
practices and decisive leadership.
• Manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of large-scale projects, cross-divisional, highly technical and complex projects in a fast-paced, dynamic, matrix environment. Drive technology projects from concept to implementation.
• Work with business and technology subject matter experts to define scope, create accurate and inclusive estimates, develop budgets and project plans, and produce Project Charters and other documentation needed for funding approvals.
• Operates with limited guidance in a complex environment.
• Decisions consistent with broad goals and long-term objectives. Provides technical leadership to others.
• Demonstrated ability to develop complex project plans, including identifying detailed scope, schedule, and assumptions, balance the trade –offs being made, risks, financial impact, and investment opportunity. Ability to delegate project tasks and monitor multiple sub-projects assignments. Skilled at influencing without direct authority to achieve necessary goals.
• Influences decisions made that could affect product, process or service improvements.
• Manages large, complex cross-functional, cross product domain projects. Autonomously capable of delivering projects in one or more product domains.
• Expected to learn from past mistakes with the ability to identify and mitigate. Does not rely on the peer review process to catch errors. Will actively seek out answers to prevent problems. Challenges requirements, and/or solutions to ensure most efficient design
• Communicate project issues and risks in a manner suitable to the audience of technical team, stakeholder and senior management.
• Demonstrate skills in conflict management and negotiation to achieve project goals and develop trust with stakeholders.
• Ability to recognize and raise concerns on a service / product / platform level and leverage working experience / relationships to resolve more autonomously.
• Works on assignments of diverse scope and complexity where initiative and independent judgment are required to identify a correct course of action within the context of broad goals and long-term objectives.
• Project deliverables may include internal systems or third party developed systems and could include the integration of external solutions.
• Project teams generally comprise of geographically disbursed members from multiple technology and Business teams.
• Direct project activities, conduct reviews, manage risk mitigation, issues, project schedule and change control processes.
• Consistently provides autonomous delivery of projects. Provides mentoring and support to less experienced team members.
• Identify and manage dependencies across the Information Services portfolio.
• Achieve project goals by engaging effectively with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including Technology Office architects and strategists, technical subject matter experts in the Global Systems development groups and Global Operations, business partners, vendors, and Visa senior management.
• Ensure that all projects (waterfall and agile) comply with Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls.
• Minimum of 7 years of proven experience managing technically complex, cross-organizational, multi-stakeholder projects.
• Minimum of 5 years managing software development or infrastructure projects.
• PMP/Scrum Master certification is preferred.
• A BA/BS or equivalent work experience is required. Concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline and/or an MS/MBA is a plus.
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally as needed.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically.
• Ability to analyze and organize a plan based upon available information.
• Ability to influence, without direct authority, so as to achieve necessary goals.
• Financial services and card payments experience is a plus.
• Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
• Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex organization where the ability to Client and internalize diverse stakeholder goals is critical to brokering solutions that are in the best interest of Visa as a whole.
• Independent judgment and mature decision making skills to deal with Technology Office projects that often have enterprise-wide scope and may have significant cost and time-to-market impacts.
Apply by creating/using an account