Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Technical Product Owner
Location: Phoenix or Remote
Regardless of location, candidate will need to work 8am – 5pm Phoenix time zone.
Duration: 6 Months contract to hire
Strong technical competency and development experience in managing the delivery of cloud based API and architecture products and services within an Agile execution model where Time to Market and Quality are both paramount.
This is not your typical product owner position! We are looking for a highly technical, seasoned product owner with extensive development experience to lead our shared services team. The ideal candidate will have experience working with large cross functional teams in an agile environment and have a proven track record of taking product to market.
The Technical Product Owner is responsible for Open APIs, shared utilities, reference architecture components in support of micro services, containers, API management, messaging, integration, identity, and authN/authR. The TPO is not only a technical leader but a decision maker that helps drives the technical direction for multiple products. This is a highly visible position that regularly reports to senior leadership and has accountability for delivery.
As a TPO you will create and maintains a healthy backlog, product roadmap and aligns both with the needs of the organization. Defines a cost allocation, cost recovery and value realization plan. Leads the development effort by providing technical leadership and decision making. Regularly creates an improvement plan - in terms of people, processes and technology. This role will also ensure clear definition of product requirements and objectives, ensuring that deliverables meet or exceed business requirements.
· Leads the technical direction for Open APIs, micro services and integrations.
· Develop and adapt the technical roadmap in partnership with product leadership and technical architecture team.
· Collaborate with business stakeholders and product owners to manage and maintain a healthy product backlog.
· Continually drives product development towards a meaningful balance between user needs, business objectives, resource utilization, and technical feasibility.
· Leads the facilitation of solutions across the organization, collaborating with business, product, architecture teams to prioritize and deliver solutions that align with the company's mission and strategic goals.
· Define, groom, and prioritize user stories.
· Collaborates with the Scrum Master to establish product release timelines and perform sprint planning.
· Collaborates with other product owners on dependencies.
· Evaluate financial aspects of product development. This includes budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations and returns-on-investment planning.
· Tracks assigned budget and resources and provides input to the annual budget development process. Prepares cost estimates and budget recommendations. Monitors expenditures.
· Build relationships and engage with every stakeholder of the product regularly.
· Report to senior management and stakeholders regularly.
· Perform other functions as assigned.
· Previous software development and design experience required.
· 5+ years working as a product owner or business analyst in a technical environment.
· Bachelor's degree in a related field (preferably computer science) or equivalent professional experience required.
· Strong technical skills with the Microsoft .Net stack, C#, AngularJS, Azure and Azure Dev Ops.
· A driver. Once you have direction you are on a mission that you will move mountains to accomplish. You are accountable and hold others to the same bar.
· Risk mitigation. You have the experience to identify risks and mitigate like a pro.
· Prioritization. You understand, identify and track priorities for your team and align with organizational roadmap.
· Leadership. You are self-directed, take ownership, make good decision and guide teams to success.
· Problem Solver. You identify issues and mobilize to resolution.
· Team player. You like to solve problems collaboratively and have years of experience doing so. You are self-motivated with strong organizational and communication skills, including the ability to build effective relationships.
· Excellent organizational, project management, conflict resolution, and time management skills
Apply by creating/using an account