Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Job Description: ALSO OPEN TO AUSTIN OR BOSTON CANDIDATES
• What is happening within your team to create this need?
This resource will support new directives for the org, contributing to the Business Intelligence group. They will help build a prototyping systems and suite software solution.
• What should the candidates expect during your interview process (phone screens, loops, etc.)?
• 30 minute phone screen
• 2 hour IV loop in Seattle or via Chime
• What will the work schedule be for this position (ex: 8-5)? Is there any potential to work remotely?
• Flexible 40 hours
• Remote work is fine
• No OT
• Please list your top required (must-have) skills for this position:
1. AWS technologies are a must have S3, Redshift, Dynamo DB/JSON
2. Restful OData/APIs
3. Automation and programming in python
• Years of Experience:
• 5+ years
• What will be the day-to-day activities for this role?
• Meet 3x a week in daily stand-up; 3 week sprints- assigned tasks per development cycle
• Check where things stand, barriers, what is needed to proceed?
• Manage work- investigate, troubleshoot, escalating issues as needed, feedback on architectural concerns
• Developing solutions using AWS pipelines
• Understand architectural decisions if called upon
• Is there any potential for extension and/or conversion to FTE (please clarify which applies)?
Could extend, conversion uncertain at this time.
• Team Culture/Valued Principles:
• Delivers results
• Are right, A lot
• Dive deep
• Invent and simplify
Contract – Systems Development Engineer
We are seeking a contract-based system engineer who is experienced in translating technical requirements into detailed deliverables, understanding and can go from design to implementation with little oversight.
This contractor will work under the direction of a lead Data Engineer for a four-month engagement to assist with the development and support of critical programs and projects.
Our ideal candidate has a combination of strong technical skills, analytical capabilities, business insight, and good verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent troubleshooting capabilities. They should have proven experience building secure & scalable solutions written in Python and have had hands-on experience with the AWS ecosystem.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Creation and management of python-based automation solutions using AWS technologies.
• Prioritize and deliver on ad hoc data automation projects.
• Troubleshoot and support new and existing coding solutions on Development, Beta and Production platforms following industry best practices.
• Collect, analyze and present actionable data insights to drive operational support and logistics decisions.
• 5+ Years of Python Experience in a Linux environment.
• 5+ Years of experience managing infrastructure including but not limited to - monitoring, scaling, recovery and debugging.
• RDBMS Administration & SQL Querying Experience.
o Redshift experience a plus.
• Experience working with RESTful/OData API services.
• Experience with various AWS Technologies, including but not limited to:
o S3, Redshift, SQS, DynamoDB & Lambda.
• Understand business processes, logical data models and relational database implementations for data analysis
• Proven Experience developing systems from ideation to implementation.
• Highly motivated, self-driven, capable of defining own design and test scenarios
Reason for Request:
Apply by creating/using an account