Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Indirect Category Manager Job Summary:
This position Leads the strategic sourcing activities for spend categories such as Maintenance, Client Services, and Software Licensing, with the goal of achieving significant initial cost reductions, while maintaining/improving product quality and supplier service levels.
This successful candidate will work closely with key stakeholders to develop effective cost reduction strategies and implementation plans.
The Category Manager's primary responsibility is to utilize the strategic sourcing best practices to capture real savings while making effective supply base decisions. This includes direct savings captured through consolidating company-wide purchasing volume and applying operational and commercial TCO levers to reduce cost and managing contracts with suppliers.
"In this role, you will be responsible for the sourcing and procurement of Facilities Services (i.e. housekeeping, janitorial and floor care), waste management, landscaping etc., essential for client operations. Cost savings are an essential part of the role and will also play an important role in establishing alternate suppliers for quality, price, and reliability purposes. As an integral part of the team you will assess contracts and vendors; and work with the client to make final decisions regarding the awarding of contracts to suppliers. As the Manager, you will report to the Manager, Supply Chain: IT & Indirect.
• Category expertise in facilities: Maintenance, MRO, Waste Management, Utilities, Material handling, Janitorial and Sanitation.
• Build strategic sourcing models (market comparison, vendor rationalization, RFx, negotiations, contracting and implementation).
• Determine cost modeling with a total cost of ownership focus.
• Establish key supplier agreements, and contracts management.
• Manage Supplier and Vendor Relationship.
• Develop and Montior KPI and SLA's
• Purchase indirect services and materials.
• Secure cost savings across most/all purchases.”
• Develop, champion, and ensure implementation of ideas that will optimize total cost of ownership year-over-year for assigned spend categories according to group guidelines.
• Track forecasted vs actual savings for the Category and be responsible for communicating performance against these measures and their potential budgetary impact.
• Develop and implement commodity strategies and establish and maintain strategic relationships with suppliers to ensure successful implementation and support.
• Work with business unit leadership to monitor contract compliance
• Manage supplier development/relationships to ensure continuity of good and services that meet the quality, service and price performance standards of the company
• Develop negotiations strategies and drive negotiations to achieve stated goals and objectives
• Remain current with market trends through relationships with suppliers and market experts; identify and communicate new technologies and solutions to key problems in the assigned spend areas
• Maintain a working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as any internal policies (e.g. code of ethics) or procedures to ensure that the behavior exhibited by the organization with the highest level of integrity, honesty, and transparency.
• Lead cross-functional negotiating teams targeting key spend categories.
• Collaborate effectively across different organizational levels, functions, businesses, and geographies to realize procurement goals and objectives. Qualifications Required (Basic/Minimum Qualifications):
• BA/BS in Supply Chain Management/Business/Engineering or related field required with MBA preferred
• Successful 5 year track record in a global procurement organization
• Global procurement experience
• Able to work in a dual reporting matrix environment and aggressively take the lead on implementation of savings opportunities that affect numerous lines of business
• Demonstrate Candor; ability to respectfully challenge senior leadership
• Results Orientation
• Comfort/familiarity with constructing presentations, organization communications, and business cases
• Strong ability to build relationships and networks with multiple functions and at the leadership levels
• Strong analytical capabilities and negotiation skills
• Self-starter and independent worker
• Strong leadership skills
Apply by creating/using an account