Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
As an engineer in this team, the individual will be involved in the plan, build and run activities related to database technology and infrastructure. The role will contribute to the design/architect, solution engineering, and support; will be responsible for delivering database projects, maintaining the running systems, able to perform problem analysis and troubleshooting. The individual should be well versed in database administration and engineering practices and principles. The individual will share the responsibility of overall database build, deployment and support. He or she will provide technical influence and subject matter expertise for the database team, responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. The role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
Support Database Platform Engineering in the architecture, development and deployment of DB2 UDB on LUW and DB2 partitioned databases/ DPF in high SLA environments. This includes, but is not limited to, advanced to expert engineering and implementation of the following:
• Manage, support and maintain database technology and infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines and policies.
• Analyze, design, develop and maintain of database systems on AIX/Linux systems for business needs.
• Responsible for analyzing the high severity calls and providing the RCAs.
• Planning and implementing pro-active remedial measures for reducing the down time for production environment.
• Database administration for off the shelf and internally developed applications, ensure continuous 24x7 operation and availability in support of mission critical business applications and participating in on-call rotation.
• Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain DB2 LUW databases in production and non-production environments.
• Support local failover with TSA and High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR) environment. Participate in Database Maintenance and DR activities.
• Write/maintain OS level scripts for DB automation and application maintenance.
• Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms.
• Physical implementation of databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions, replication, and disaster recovery solutions.
• Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of escalated Level 2 and Level3 issues.
• Regular database capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis, predictive future database resource requirements, and the structured organized reporting of the same.
• Work closely with other Infrastructure engineering, product development, business operations, and technical operations to ensure delivery of database services within the SLA's and performance targets.
• Adapt business requirements, model data, and develop database specifications, table and element attributes.
• Participate in the evaluation, selection and implementation of DBA tools to improve the effectiveness of tasks such as performance monitoring and tuning, recovery, and database change management processing.
• Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision.
• Bachelors/Degree in Computer Science or other technology field is necessary.
• 7-10 years of DBA experience, generally with DB2 LUW and partitioned databases/ DPF environment.
• Strong knowledge and extensive experience with DB2 UDB RDBMS technologies is mandatory and good understanding about BLU acceleration.
• Sound knowledge of all UNIX and DB2 UDB utilities. Troubleshoot database production problems and database connectivity issues.
• Should have strong UNIX platform skills and understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security.
• Proficiency in writing SQL procedures, functions and packages for administration and application support and experience with Q replication, Range partitioned tables, Hash partitioned tables, Replicated MQT and MDC.
• Experience in Q-Replication Configuration, and doing database maintenance without downtime using Q-replication.
• Experience on DB Backup and Recovery strategies and good knowledge in database concurrency and locking mechanism.
• Experience in working with db2 specific tools such as db2pd, db2dart, db2support, db2top, db2inspect, db2advis,db2explain, db2diag
• Strong knowledge of operating systems, scripting languages, data modeling and business intelligence tools.
• Good interpersonal skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems and database environment issues.
• Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
• Work experience in a Financial Institute will be preferred.
Apply by creating/using an account