Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Job Duration: 6+ Months
Job Location: Houston, TX
Client is considered a leading consultant in the refined product terminals and hydrocarbon process industry. We have been and are engaged in terminal projects both large and small nationwide. The fueling department executes projects for major oil companies and other industrial clients, including pipeline terminals and truck loading facilities.
Job Duties ·
Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
· Performs work which involves a variety of complex features.
· Requires detailed knowledge of precedents in specialty areas and familiarity with advanced principles and practices in related specialties.
· Coordinates departmental and divisional project studies and report preparation assignments.
· This position requires an experienced and competent individual capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of advanced techniques, procedures and criteria.
· Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
· Must be capable of leading teams to address project goals and challenges. · Other duties as assigned
Successful candidate would be experienced in the design and construction of refined product terminals and/or pipelines, potentially including:
· Familiarity with relevant industry standards including API 610, 650, 653, ASME B31.3 and B31.4, NFPA 30 and DOT Part 195
· Familiarity with refined products such as gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, ethanol and biodiesel · Layout design and details for API storage tanks · Design of truck load racks and associated pumping and piping systems
· Design of additive storage, supply and blending systems · Pipeline hydraulic modeling · Pipeline booster pumping stations Candidate should be capable of executing complex assignments requiring the use of advanced techniques, resulting in the development of new or improved processes, equipment and/or technological methods. May develop and evaluate plans for major projects. May assess feasibility or soundness of proposed applications when data is insufficient or testing is advisable. May coordinate departmental or divisional project studies, reports or project design assignments. Progressive design and project management responsibilities.
Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members. Regularly meets and corresponds with clients or outside personnel. Some marketing responsibilities. Other duties as assigned.
Experience/familiarity with industrial piping systems and equipment including pumps, valves, storage tanks and accessories.
Layout of P&IDs, mechanical system control arrangements, layout of equipment pads and valve manifolds.
System hydraulics and piping stress analysis. Familiarity with fuel receipt, storage and dispensing systems. Proactive, self performer desired.
Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from accredited program.
Minimum 7 years related experience.
Prefers with experience with other consulting firms and/or construction contractors.
Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
Apply by creating/using an account