Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer III
Location: Hickory, NC, 28601
Duration: 12+ months contract
• This position is in the Engineering Project and is focused on capacity additions and the associated line installations & debug from a mechanical perspective.
• Lead and/or participate on manufacturing engineering projects and support teams for the purposes of capacity installations, equipment debug, and preparing line/associated parts for Operations Receivership.
• As a supporting team member, provide mechanical discipline to proactively identify technical problems through root cause understanding coupled with robust industrialized solutions relative to line debug and installs.
• Leverage knowledge of mechanical engineering, machining & designing processes to improve performance of equipment/manufacturing process.
• Supports or leads new equipment/process introductions, and opportunities for improvement.
• Supports the development and execution of project plans to deliver timely error-free mechanical support for multi-line equipment installations
• Experienced with working along-side vendors and suppliers to resolve technical issues to protect scope, timing, and cost metrics.
• Ability to work across various functional groups on a daily basis to accomplish goals
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Maintain safe work practices, inform others of hazardous conditions or personal practices as expressed on project team.
• Design & implement mechanical solutions and process changes to improve capability of manufacturing equipment.
• Manage activities to meet milestone & timeline objectives for successful capacity adds.
• Solve mechanical and process issues through data analysis, experience and collaboration with subject matter experts
• Manage spare part identification and storeroom entry as recommended by suppliers or peer engineers; noting available spares within (2)-plant footprint.
• Develop and update engineering and operations documentation
• Support training for operations workforce regarding equipment or operations changes
• BS in Mechanical Engineering
• Ability to learn new technology and processes quickly
• Creative/innovative problem solving
• Strong technical fundamentals with mechanical engineering skills
• Proficient with CAD and Inventor/Solidworks,
• Experience with equipment design
• Ability to multitask and prioritize work on an independent basis in a fast-paced project install manufacturing environment
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work effectively on all levels of an organization
• Experience with new equipment installations and project expansions
• Experience in fast-paced changing environment with multiple priorities
• Project leadership/management experience (including milestone management and financial ownership)
• Experience in vendor/supplier management on-site/off-site
• Mechanical equipment and systems interactions
• Proficient with PC software including Microsoft Office Suite
• Detail oriented and able to perform with limited supervision.
• Ability to work & effectively collaborate within a team
• Ability to allocate/supervise resources to accomplish aggressive project milestones & timeline within specification and costs.
• Able to shift tasks quickly
• Able to prioritize and multitask
• Communicate effectively both verbal and written
Apply by creating/using an account