Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Location -Corning,NY 14831
Duration-12 Months contract (Possibility of extension)
Max pay rate is $32 /hr on w-2 without benefits However Benefits can be purchased through TalentBurst on discount
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• Mon-Fri, regular business hours 8h/5d including on-call support and off-hours maintenance windows.
Scope of Position (i.e. projects involved with and role within group):
• Subject Matter Expert providing technical support of the Linux & Windows HPC-backend Scientific Computing (SC) environment ensuring reliability, stability, performance and security of the network and computing infrastructure.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Technical support of license management infrastructure and software license management;
• Coordination with vendors to resolve hardware, system software and application license issues;
• Development, implementation, and review of technical network and security requirements
• Planning the direction of the SC network to meet application requirements and to help budgeting, testing, and planning equipment upgrades
• Coordination of cluster outages and improvements with SC Operations staff, IT and customers;
• Identification and diagnosis of network congestion, data loss/corruption, and cluster malfunctions;
• Maintaining and enhancing network and cluster performance and health metric collection, monitoring, and analysis to proactively avoid future problems, fix current issues;
• Assistance in capacity and capability planning activities;
• Making sure that appropriate security measures are built into the network, they meet the performance needs and that they are maintained in future modifications to the network;
• Collaboration with IT security team to provide appropriate data for intrusion detection;
• Support of system and user backups/restores for all managed systems;
• Documentation of system administration procedures for routing and complex tasks;
• Participation in an 8h/5d on-call support and off-hours maintenance windows.
Travel requirements (please note if international):
• Individual may travel 1-2 times per year for 2-5 days to other client's locations (domestic and international) or to pursue training opportunities (conferences, classes).
Required Skills (These are skills that candidates must possess)
• Networking fundamentals, Linux, Windows operating systems and cluster fundamentals and their interaction with each other;
• Working knowledge of RHEL/CentOS and other UNIX operating systems;
• Working knowledge of Windows 2012+ operating system;
• Working knowledge of software build systems (GNU Make, CMake)
• Protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet and Infiniband/OFED;
• Distributed file system (Lustre, OneFS, others);
• Scripting languages Python, Shell (BASH or ZSH), Perl;
• Experience managing SANs, LANs, and administration of backend service components:
• Batch system (PBS), mail, software license management system (FlexLM, others);
• Monitoring tools (Nagios, Ganglia); configuration management tools (Puppet, CFEngine, SaltStack);
• Provisioning tools (Kickstart, Cobbler, Sysprep, gPXE)
• Hypervisors (KVM/oVirt, Citrix XenServer)
• MPI expertise with configuration and system libraries
• Working knowledge of packet capture and analysis tools;
• Working knowledge of test utilities and other methods for simulating workloads in a test environment.
Education and Experience (minimum required for consideration)
• BS or MS in computer science, math or closely related discipline.
• 2+ years of experience directly related to network and Linux cluster administration and planning.
Desired Skills (these are the skills that would be nice for candidates to possess)
• Experience with following:
o Performance Benchmarking Applications (IOR, Iozone, LINPACK, STREAM)
o Apache Hadoop FileSystem
o SR-IOV technology
o Linux Cgroups
• A foundation in software design principles and an ability to design and create code as necessary to augment off the shelf components to satisfy SC requirements;
• Familiarity with software development languages Java, C#, C/C++, Fortran;
• Familiarity of C/C++,FORTRAN compilers and optimization flags
• Familiarity with Microsoft Windows HPC Cluster;
• Project management skills.
Apply by creating/using an account