Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
The Utility Operator 1 performs alarm monitoring, alarm response, utility operations, and routine monitoring required for GxP production activities and support. The operator will be responsible for actions resulting in safe, reliable, and consistent delivery of utilities. Key utility systems required for GxP production and support are RO, WFI, Waste Neutralization, HVAC, CDA, Steam, Heating Hot Water, Gases, and Power. The Utility Operator 1 will interface cross-functionally with Instrumentation, Engineering, Compliance, EHS&S, Automation, Manufacturing, Quality Control, Reliability, and Maintenance as part of routine activities.
This is a swing shift position. Based on business needs, Operator 1 may be required to work other shifts to ensure operational continuity.vities.
• Maintain positive relationships with key utility end users
• Represent the functional area in meetings and compliance activities
• Maintain integrated working relationships with key internal customers and cross-functional support groups
• Engage with key customers on an ongoing basis to identify changing needs
• Engage and interface with cross-functional groups for support and collaboration to resolve emergency, urgent, and non-standard issue
• Oversee vendors and contractors to ensure quality and effectiveness of services and deliverables.
Utility Monitoring and Operation
• Shadow and support senior operations staff as needed
• Perform remove from service, return to service, and system release activities
• Monitor equipment operation via multiple software applications and automated systems
• Regulate equipment and conditions to identified operational standards
• Perform effective and clear intragroup and intergroup shift pass downs and issue turnover
• Ensure effective and clear utility system status updates to all stakeholders
• Communicate operational changes to stakeholders via standardized communication plans
• Assist with performing trend evaluations of system operations to detect variations that will adversely impact system reliability and/or efficiency
• Monitor alignment to the identified utility service level and expected redundancy based on operational capabilities
• Conduct utility area rounds, and perform routine inspections to ensure inspection readiness
• Monitor and respond to alarms from multiple sources and platforms
• Initiate trouble calls to cross-functional support
• Track alarms to resolution and escalated to the most appropriate trade
• Turnover ongoing alarms between shifts, stakeholders, and other groups
Utilities Operation Program
• Participate in developing and reviewing SOPs and work instructions
• Participate in reviews and assessments for the Utility Operations program for continuous improvement
• Other projects/tasks as assigned by supervision.
* Engage in proper storage, handling, and disposal of chemicals
* Adhere to LOTO procedures
* Engage in safe behavior within the utility areas
* Active member of the BioMarin Emergency Response Team
General Skills and Knowledge:
• Ability to resolve problems or situations that require exercising tact, diplomacy and sound judgment.
• Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
• Ability to acquire a thorough knowledge of workable systems, policies, and procedures
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude regardless of circumstances
• Ability to objectively support and explain reasoning for decisions
• Ability to become proficient with CMMS (INFOR preferred)
• Ability to objectively present data and identify key issues among many variables
• Knowledge of GxP maintenance and operational programs
• Basic understanding of utility equipment function to support steam, water, gas, and power
• Knowledge of safety practices and procedures
• Skill in problem solving
• Skill in oral and written communication
Apply by creating/using an account