Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Lawson Admin role
6 month contract to perm
WORK FROM HOME (25% travel -client paid)
MUST BE LOCATED IN PST OR MST
7 AM TO 4 PM arizona time
Must have skills needed:
o Unix/Linux administration
o Lawson System Foundation and Landmark administration
o Lawson ancillary technology administration (MSCM, Processflow, RQC, MIB, MHC, WebNow/ImageNow, EDI, ESS)
soft skills needed: Excellent verbal and written skills, ability to work closely with teams and individuals across multiple technical disciplines, highly focused on customer service.
The System Administrator III focuses the majority of time on complex engineering, architectural and request/project tasks. Operational maintenance and support of existing environments is also provided in support of complex issues.
This includes operational support activities such as resolving complex software and hardware related problems, managing backup and recovery activity, administering application "middleware” and technology layers, managing monitoring and alerting functions, performing capacity planning and conducting version management. Evaluation and implementation services for new products, technologies and solutions to address corporate business requirements are also provided.
Project assignments are generally large in scope with a high degree of complexity.
System Administrators III works closely with developers, infrastructure support, database administrators and application support teams to ensure seamless and quality IT support for client's customers and alignment with client's IT standards, controls and governance.
• Provide exceptional customer service to end users, Business Stakeholders
• Perform daily production support activities.
• Participate in team on-call rotations.
• Perform patching and code deployments across all environments.
• Coordinate support efforts between Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) and other Dignity IT teams.
• Lead projects associated to the enhancement,upgrade/patching, or implementation of new or existing software solutions.
• Initiate change management requests and adhere to the IT CM process.
• Review, recommend and monitor the source code/versioning function adhering to technical management guidelines.
• Provide oversight and facilitation of the Dignity IT change management process as it applies to the System Administration team.
• Provide technical leadership and ownership of issues across multiple disciplines and technologies
• Conduct performance tuning and troubleshooting
• With oversight from the System Administrator IV and Management, initiate and facilitate strategic planning activities (capacity planning, process improvement, maintenance, upgrade and end-of-life planning, roadmap development)
• Build new test and production environments on existing or new hardware.
• Design, implement and maintain a comprehensive monitoring and alerting process across all ETS platforms
• Design and implement a comprehensive and ongoing release management and planning program
• Perform technical mentoring and cross training with other team members.
• Perform crisis management during high-severity operational incidents
• BA or BS in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience and certifications
• Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in an IT technical or infrastructure field is required
Required Skills and Experience
• Minimum of 5 years' operational experience with Solaris, AIX or Linux operating systems
• Minimum of 5 years' experience with Lawson 9.0.1 or 10.x Technology and Applications
• Minimum of 5 years' experience with Lawson ancillary technologies (MSCM, Processflow, Transformation Extender, RQC, MIB, MHC, WebNow/ImageNow, EDI, ESS)
• Operational experience with WebSphere Application Server 7.0+
• Experience with MS IIS or IBM HTTP Server & MS .Net
• Experience with Oracle RDBS and RAC 11g+ database technologies
• Experience with LDAP platforms and technologies
• Experience with Microsoft networking, security, proxy, messaging and web components
• Experience with testing/Quality Assurance methodologies
• Operational experience with storage networks and technologies (EMC, NetApp)
• Unix Shell Scripting, VBscrip and PowerShell experience
• Ability to develop and organize written documentation and procedures
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft and/or UNIX operating systems
• Strong experience with enterprise change management processes
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of networking and security technologies such as TCP/IP,DNS, firewalls, load balancing/proxies, authentication, single-sign on
• Strong operational knowledge of storage networks and technologies
• Strong knowledge of testing and quality assurance methodologies
Moderate travel may be required: 0-25% during the normal course of business but may be required to travel more frequently during certain events.
Apply by creating/using an account