Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
The Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test verifies our next generation portable diagnostics platforms through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. We are looking for SDETs who possess a quality first mindset, and have a passion for coding, automated testing, and implementing efficient and effective solutions from ground up. A Software Development Engineer in Test is responsible for delivering high quality products by building software solutions, automation frameworks and protocols to test our products. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans, automated and manual test protocols, and performs risk assessments. Maintains documentation and analyses test results to assist in debugging and modification of software by working with cross functional teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Create automated testing solutions from technical designs, specifications, and requirements.
• Build automated CI/CD pipelines/infrastructure for testing.
• Collaborate with team members to build highly scalable, maintainable, and reusable automation framework, following best practices and standards in testing.
• Design and implement automation solutions at a sub-system and system level.
• Design and implement automated metrics.
• Support verification teams with test development and execution.
• Support reliability testing activities through automation.
• Develop innovative methods to find solutions and improve quality, test efficiency, and regression coverage.
• Provide input on issues that impact product performance and system stability.
• Reports and documents software defects and collaborates with the cross functional teams to resolve them.
• Participate in scrum meetings.
• Validate the configuration, functionality, and user interface of automation tools and frameworks.
• Follow internal software development, cyber security, and validation procedures that comply with medical and security regulations.
• Mentor, train and support other team members.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent (MS preferred).
• Experience in delivering products for the Medical Device industry (IVD industry preferred).
• 5-8 years of experience and strong technical competency in testing or development using Python, C# or similar languages.
• 5+ years of experience as a software test engineer verifying complex embedded systems.
• 3+ years of experience with tools such as Jira, Confluence, Github, Gerrit, Jenkins, or other industry leading toolsets.
• 3+ years of experience creating and maintaining traceability, test coverage, and defect trends metrics.
• 2+ years of experience working in an Agile environment.
• Experience testing software in RTOS environments (e.g. Windows Embedded Compact/CE, QNX, Linux/Ubuntu Embedded, and VxWorks).
• Knowledge of authentication protocols and cybersecurity.
• Knowledge of Medical Device regulations (ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 62304, 21 CFR part 820.30-Design Controls, FDA SW Guidelines).
• Familiarity with communications: Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Wireless, Bluetooth, TCP/IP.
• Very strong written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Experience developing automation frameworks from scratch.
• Experience developing automated metrics.
• Experience automating testing throughout the entire software development lifecycle using various software testing practices (black box testing, risk based testing, integration testing, system testing, regression testing, exploratory testing).
• Familiar with testing of healthcare communication protocols (e.g. ASTM, HL7, POCT1A).
Apply by creating/using an account