Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Program Manager
Job Location: Austin, TX
Job Duration: 1 Year with possible extension
Client operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. It facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Client's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
The VBS unit has overall responsibility for all aspects of business strategy, development and management for commercial products, as well as platform development and commercial information management. VBS serves clients engaged in providing payment products to middle market and large corporate/multinational companies, governments and commercial supply chain/B2B segments.
This position will have the responsibility of managing the Client Business data solutions' migration from legacy platform to next generation data processing platform. The role will focus on communicating with regional product team, Issuers and internal team about milestones and status updates of the migration project
As Program Manager, Client Business Data Solutions, you will be part of the Client Business Data Solutions Platform Team, providing program management and oversight for a large data migration project.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing and tracking the migration plan of Client Business data solutions from legacy platform to next generation data processing platform. The role will also involve collaborating with various teams including regional product team, issuers, cross functional groups within Client to execute the migration project and communicate about project milestones, risks and status updates.
• Understands and maintains a deep understanding of the commercial data strategies, priorities and market needs.
• Work with Financial Institutions and/or Regional product team to plan, execute and support migration plan and strategy
• Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on migration.
• Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
• Analyzing program migration risks.
• Maintain project level tracking and reporting of project status & milestones
• Manage tasks and coordination of activities for migration project
• Ability to interact with senior management in communicating business escalations and status.
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
• The candidate will interact with various levels of management across the organization as well as with external clients and will have close working relationship with our Commercial Product teams.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills are required as cross-functional projects occur on a regular basis.
• Must demonstrate well developed interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
• Collaborates easily and successfully with all levels of management in a matrix organization structure.
• Operates with minimal supervision and able to make informed, well-reasoned decisions independently.
• Thrives on an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented.
• B.S. or B.A. in Business or Computer Science
• This position requires a minimum of 7+ years of experience as a program manager and 12+ years' experience in corporate environment.
• Proven experience in program management and should have managed large migration projects
• Experience in working with Issuers and clients in the financial industry with data system skills is preferred.
• The role requires strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others in cross-functional teams to implement and assess the operational impact of changes to processes/procedures.
• Strong ability to multi-task, organize, manage and implement complex projects with large budgets, whether directly or through supervision of a designated Product Manager.
• Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices
• Must have experience in presenting and communicating complex/detailed topics to clients.
• Demonstrated expertise/power user in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Word) and experience with MS Office Access.
• Strong understanding of commercial card industry is a big plus.
• Excellent business ethics is required, the successful candidate will have experience, and demonstrated success in the above listed core competencies.
Apply by creating/using an account