Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Wireless Communication Project Manager
Onsite in Westwood, MA
3+ Month Contract (likely longer term)
ACCOUNTABILITIES - PRIMARY DUTIES:
Project Manager Level
• Management of project will be monitored by the Director of Transmission Projects or a Project Director.
• Assigned projects are multi-discipline in nature, multi stakeholder involvement, and low to medium financial risk exposure profile requiring management reporting communications.
• Responsible to take the necessary action to see that the projects are completed efficiently, on time and within the established budget.
• Works closely with Delivery personnel, Legal, Regulatory Relations, Purchasing, Communications and all business functions to ensure project success.
• Integrates and manages a cross functional project team to develop appropriate project roles and responsibilities.
• Manages the team's review of the transmission planning statement. Manages the team's development of a comprehensive project plan, schedule, communications plan and establishes the change control methodology.
• Coordinates the development of a detailed project budget and cash flow.
• Conducts an environmental assessment and coordinates the necessary regulatory approvals (federal, state and local) needed to begin construction.
• Manages the monthly maintenance and reporting of project scope, budgets and schedules.
• Manages execution of the project plan and project change control management process.
• Manages the development of a comprehensive siting and permitting needs assessment
• Manages the development of and participates in the required regulatory siting, permit filings and other regulatory filings.
• Manages the development and evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design, construction and test procurement of material and support systems.
• Manages the development of required energization plans and operating instructions.
• Manages the timely preparation of the long-term outage plan project submittals.
• Manages project close out in a timely manner to support corporate business goals
• Provides clear concise and comprehensive reports for management
In addition to the above duties:
• High level of independent management of projects
• Manage the implementation of interconnection agreements.
• Provides clear, concise and comprehensive reports to senior management
• Provides guidance to less experienced project management personnel
• Prepares corporate testimony such as written responses for local, state, or federal regulatory proceedings.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering (preferred); Bachelors Degree in Finance, Business or the equivalent degree will be considered.
• Masters Degree is preferred and Project Management class work is desirable.
• 5 years of related experience
-Familiarity with Project Management methodologies is highly desired.
-Experience with GIS tool for asset management preferred
-Background in design creation and knowledge of drafting tools would also be a plus
• Demonstrated ability to investigate and solve problems, analyze data, write reports and make presentations.
• Possesses the ability to cope with deadlines, manage time, set priorities, define roles and responsibilities, and make decisions.
• Ability to run meetings, motivate others, and interact with others at all levels of the organization.
• The ability to schedule, plan and manage numerous complex transmission projects concurrently.
• Self starter with strong communication skills, including listening, speaking and writing skills
• Individual leadership abilities, planning skills, decisiveness and customer focus
• Knowledge of Project Management principles and practices
• Excellent leadership, team-building, coaching, problem solving, interpersonal and motivational skills required.
• Ability to develop skills to prepare presentations and expert witness testimony for local and state regulatory presentations.
Apply by creating/using an account