Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Resource Capacity Management Analyst
Duration: 5 Month Contract to Hire
Location: Phoenix, AZ
The Application Support Analyst ....
The Resource Analyst (RA) acts as the focal point for the Service Lines to help them fulfill the short, medium and long term resourcing needs of their projects, determining the best means by which the organization should fulfill those needs. The Resource Analyst does this within the process and procedure framework defined by the Project Management Office Resource Capacity Management function.
The RA takes day to day direction from the Service Line Owner(s) but reports into The Manager Resource Utilization from a HR perspective.
Resources are dedicated to: delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health services; serving and advocating for our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised; and collaborating with others in the community to improve the quality of life.
• Works with Service Line Owner(s) to understand and manage the short, medium and long term resource demands for a Service Line;
• Utilizes the resourcing tool (Planview) to manage the allocation of demand across Service Lines;
• Complete resources request (adds, changes, delete's) into the Service Line generated by the Planview tool;
• Assists Project Managers in determining their teams current and future program / project assignments;
• Understands the projects needs for non-dedicated resources so the right resources can be requested for the project needs;
• Works with non-dedicated Resource Portfolios to ensure resource assignments are completed in a timely fashion and escalate as appropriate where this is not occurring;
• Develop relationships within the Service Lines by working closely with them on a day to day basis including team meetings etc;
• Interacts extensively and builds strong relationships with portfolio team stakeholders.
• Works to understand the Service Line projects and their respective scope;
• Understands the Project Manager requirements around roles/skills and deliverables to determine the right resource for the project need;
• Identifies gaps in demand versus availability. Works to determine the best way to overcome gaps;
• Analyses the portfolio's time entry to ensure dedicated resources are working as assigned and time is recorded correctly;
• Follows the Resource Capacity Management process, procedures and best practices in managing portfolio resources;
• Contributes to ongoing development and improvement of processes and procedures for management of resourcing and intake;
• Responsible for the Planview Provisioning;
• Assist with and contributes to appropriate training programs for the users of the resourcing tool reporting capability;
• Provides guidance and expertise on the use of the resourcing tool;
• Supports IT's commitment to improve patient care and safety and to support the healthcare workers;
Resource Utilization Manager
• 4+ years of information systems industry experience.
• 3+ years of experience in a project or project management office (PMO) environment (Desired)
• 3+ years experience working in a healthcare environment (Desired
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience required.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field preferred
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Ability to understand IT projects and concepts as they relate to high-level business objectives, and ability to present those concepts to both IT and non-IT audiences in a concise and easily understandable manner.
• Strong knowledge of MS programs e.g. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and VISIO
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
• Possess thorough understanding of business analysis techniques and tools.
• Proven abilities in problem management, process analysis and root cause analysis.
• Identification with and support of the Mission and our Values and Sponsors.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) for information gathering and the ability to interact with various client groups.
• Strong communication skills: Ability to train, and ability to effectively communicate with customers including listening asking relevant questions, giving appropriate guidance and feedback.
• Ability to work in a complex and matrixed team environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule and meet deadlines.
• Problem solving skills: Adapt in response to new information, shifting priorities, changing conditions, or un-expected obstacles.
• Facilitation ability is a strong component of role:
• Manage meetings & Conflict resolution
• Conceptual skills: Understanding how decisions impacts projects and people
• Works independently with only general direction and minimal supervision. Uses skills and abilities to complete complex tasks, including deciding which processes to use.
• Advocates for and positively represents other programs and services when working with customers and stakeholders
• Show the ability to be self managed, can manage own time and prioritize work to meet timeline.
• Demonstrate ability to reason logically and provide effective solution to complex problems. Make high quality decisions based on facts and business priorities.
• Delivers products and services when and where the customer needs them. Explores options when unable to deliver a requested product or service, and pursues solutions until the customer is satisfied.
• Ensuring that the work carried out is aligned with the organization's mission and contributes to the mission, goals and objectives of the organization
• Accept responsibilities for own action and demonstrate trust worthiness and high personal standard with dealing with others.
• Focus energy on activities that will achieve the greatest results.
• Ability to travel 5-20%. Position is most likely around 5% travel.
Apply by creating/using an account