Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
* This role supports the assessment of external environment changes, development of Scientific Communications (Sci Comm) department strategies, the tactical execution, and continuous improvement of Independent Medical Education (IME) Grants goals to identify and support quality IME in accordance with defined process. The role provides support of process oversight and the tactical execution of collaborative grants, Scientific Advancement Grant (SAG) and Quality Improvement Education (QIE)grants.. The role may be responsible for more than one TA and is responsible to cross cover for other TAs as needed.
* Assist in the development, coordination and implementation of the annual strategic plan with TA CDMA personnel that achieves demonstrated educational results based on medical education needs assessments and TA medical/scientific interests.
* Support Annual IME Planning by collaborating with the Director and across TAs to maintain an aligned and consistent approach to IME planning.
* Liaise with Field Based Medicine (FBM) to obtain additional regional medical education needs. Validate and finalize educational objectives, coordinate and obtain TA CDMA and other necessary approvals. Collaborate with other Sci Comm team members to develop cross-TA educational objectives. Create Requests for Proposals (RFPs) from TA educational objectives, coordinate and obtain process required approvals.
* Review and determine eligibility (approval or denial) recommendations on all grants in assigned TA, to support high quality activities with the largest potential for improving public health. Route all approval recommendations above determined thresholds to the GRC in a timely fashion. May Lead TA GRC meetings to present grants recommended for approval and provide educational expertise. Provides cross TA support for Grant application review when additional need for support is identified by the Director.
* Works collaboratively with the process operational support in Sci Comms for medical education/SAG/QIEs. Resolves and when necessary triage medical grant applicant issues escalated. As directed, provide a more detailed information to specific grant applicants in response to requests for additional information after grant denial.
* Monitor and assess the quality and outcome measures of educational activities supported by BIPI in assigned TA(s).
* Adhere to and implement all aspects of government and healthcare laws, BIPI Policy on Grant Support, and the local SOP for educational grants.
* Demonstrate careful communication skills in the course of interacting with external grant applicants with specific information needs related to grant decisions.
* Ensure proper documentation, disposition, and follow-up on all reviewed and funded SAG/QIE applications.
* Other work may be assigned based on the shifting volume of studies, related activities and output of process improvement initiatives.
* 5+ years of industry experience, preferably including cross-functional experiences with marketing, commercial, finance, development and/ or medical affairs.
* Continuing Medical Education experience in a clinical / healthcare setting preferred.
* Expertise in adult learning theory and design needs assessment, educational program outcome measurement, metric development, and analysis preferred.
* In-depth knowledge of OIG, FDA and other relevant current government, industry, and organizational guidelines preferred.
* Relationship Building/customer focus - ability to manage a wide network of relationships both internally and externally and seek to improve customer experience.
* Communication - ability to communicate ideas and data effectively in both verbal and written formats.
* Understanding of internal and external guidelines, including those related to publications, including the requirements for Independent Medical Education (ACCME); appreciation of Adult Learning theory; PHRMA Guidance and the OIG; Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers. The ability to apply this knowledge to make judgment calls on appropriate medical education grants.
Apply by creating/using an account