Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Title: Systems Engineer Computer, Sr.
Location: Groveport, OH
***Contract to Hire ****
Responsible for the growth, ongoing maintenance and development of a large scale server farm running primarily on Linux, Windows, and Unix. Provides level 3 support (on an on-call support rotation model) for complex systems and applications. Rolls out new systems, maintaining, migrating, upgrading and improving the long-term performance of the systems. Performs as a member of the systems administration team to support the installation, optimization, integration, troubleshooting, backup, recovery, modification, security, and upgrading of technology systems and components to provide services that enable customers to effectively apply technology to business requirements.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in IT. Progressive experience in system engineering and design capacities. Experience in maintaining large numbers of Linux/UNIX and Windows servers. Deep understanding of UNIX/Linux and Windows Fundamentals and concepts. Extensive System Administration experience with Red Hat Linux and Windows.
Proven experience in VMWARE running large scale Virtualized environments. Scripting experience, specifically with Ruby/Perl and shell scripting language (good to have) to automate existing workloads and routine system admin tasks. In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, BIND, LDAP and other core technologies such as Sendmail, NTP, TCP/IP, FCIP, iSCSI, SAN, NAS etc. Experience in resolving complex issues related to Break-fix performance tuning and deployments. Ability to determine when a server is in a " "distressed " " state. Strong understanding of network and server security. Experience with other UNIX/Linux and Windows versions is a plus. Experience with Chef / Puppet /CfEngine will be a big plus.
Additional note from previous supplier call:
We have large VMware (very important and experienced, really understand how it's set up and critic its design, and explain to people why it should change) facility, need someone who can deal with hypervisor infinity, admin aspect, knowledge of networking, Windows is important, we're evenly split between windows and Linux. Need a little bit Chef and Puppet, we have specialist to build the image.
Focus and struggle: integration on active directory, how to deal with and diagnosis issues. New Relic is good to have and willing to learn.
Some on-call time, but mostly the job needs to be done on site.
Additional Job Details:
Linux experience required:
• Deep understanding of UNIX/Linux and Windows Fundamentals and concepts o Use SCCM or system management software to provision Windows servers and patching with enterprise policies o Linux server install/config automation - Kickstart Linux with TFTP / PXE / Kickstart / Anaconda
• Progressive experience in system engineering and design capacities o Design and manage complex systems over their life cycles o Create and Update Design Documents and Diagrams
• Proven experience in VMWARE running large scale Virtualized environments o Strong understanding of VMware Networking concepts like creation of vSwitches, different types of Port groups, NIC Teaming and VLAN Problem management. o Experience with Virtualization technologies like Installing, Configuring, and Administering VMware ESX/ESXi. o Deployed key VMware ESX/ESXi technologies, expertise with HA/DRS, P2V and ESX migrations o Intermediate understanding of powerCLI (windows/VMware)
• Scripting experience, specifically with Ruby/Perl and shell scripting language to automate existing workloads and routine system admin tasks o Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks o Write and maintain custom scripts to monitor and push/pull metrics to monitoring toolset
• In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, BIND, LDAP and other core technologies such as Sendmail, NTP, TCP/IP, FCIP, iSCSI, SAN, NAS etc. o LDAP integration and UDS configurations o NAS/SAN experience with Vmware vmkernel and multipath technologies o TCP/IP Packet sniffing and packet analysis with Servers and Material Handling Equipment and PLC/Light controllers RF Devices and Meraki Wifi
• Experience in resolving complex issues related to Break-fix performance tuning and deployments o Reading/Understanding system logs and run strace, top, and packet analyzer o Debugging skills to detect and resolve bottlenecks with kernel parameters/limits/handler/pooling
• Experience with Chef or Automation Tools o Ruby scripting to automate physical or virtual provisioning, OS, and middleware to multiple platforms with Chef o Deploy and update RF Mobile configurations and applications with Avalanche o Wyse Thin Clients packages and deployments o AirWatch deployments for tablets and mobile devices
• Experience with Warehouse or Manufacturing automation a plus o Worked with PLC, Conveyance, and Warehouse Controls Systems o Understand Warehouse Management Systems o Worked with real-time systems
• Experience with IAAS, PAAS and Cloud Automation o Worked with cloud orchestration tools to coordinate and organize automated task. o Worked with cloud automation to manage tasks like Provisioning/Backup with "infrastructure-as-a-code” o Worked with IAC tools such as Chef, Terraform, Ansible, SaltStack, CloudFormation
• Experience with container-orchestration systems like Kubernetes/Docker a plus
• Experience with stream-processing software platform like Kafka or streams product a plus
• Experience with deploying consistent configuration to 1,000 client devices o Worked with Wyse Device manager or other systems to push thin-client packages and configurations o Worked with Avalanche or other system to push configurations and updates to RF devices o Worked with AirWatch or other products to push configurations and updates to devices.
Apply by creating/using an account