Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Systems Administrator Senior*
Location: Brown Deer or Voorhees, NJ
Duration: 6 Months contract to hire
This position is responsible for the day-to-day, business-as-usual, support of the Windows, Virtual and Cloud server environments. This includes the installation, configuration, and maintenance of the Windows, Virtual and Cloud environments.
This is an advanced professional role with a highly-skilled with extensive proficiency.
The qualified individual will:
• Develop large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research
• Will work on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert
• Will work on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that requires demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
• Will coach and mentor junior technical staff
• Will work under minimal supervision on complex projects
• Will have wide latitude for independent judgment.
• Windows/Virtual/Cloud Server Support - Senior System Administrator
• Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience as required for the specific job level
• 5-7 Years industry experience
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Strong Windows Server 2003, 2008 & 2012 Operating Systems Experience:
• Knowledge and experience of Windows operating systems and related utilities and hardware
• Troubleshooting Windows Server issues by providing detailed written root cause analysis and action plans for permanent resolution.
o Must have the ability to analyze server crash dumps to determine root cause analysis.
o Must be able to effectively analyze and solve problems
o Must be able to monitor usage and performance
o Must be able to troubleshoot server, software and hardware issues
• Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs
• Must be able to propose and implement systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
• Must be able to install and maintain software
• Must have extensive knowledge of SAN storage and be able to present storage to Windows OS
• Work with Information Security to define and ensure platform security
o Supports Web access and electronic messaging services, and maintains a secure systems environment
• Must have extensive knowledge of IIS, and the ability to complete code deployments
• Maintain Server Infrastructure and ensure high availability:
o Experience in Large enterprise windows infrastructures 1000+ servers.
o Knowledge of Microsoft clustering
• Other related duties assigned as needed
Strong VMware ESX/vSphere 5.x and 6.x Experience:
• Must have knowledge and experience in VMWare and virtual infrastructures
o Must be able to troubleshoot VMware-ESX related incidents
o Must be able to Patch and maintain ESX host servers
o Must have extensive knowledge of SAN storage and be able to present storage to ESX hosts
Strong Cloud Experience:
• Must have knowledge and experience in Converged and Hyper-Converged infrastructures including Nutanix
• Must have knowledge and experience in Azure and AWS infrastructures
• General network management/configuration and knowledge of TCP/IP
• General knowledge of network monitoring tools
• Develop automation to assist in day to day operations through orchestration and or scripting
• Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
o Development and tool creation
o Development of self-service portals
o Development in VBScript, SQL & PowerShell SQL Reporting Services
o Design endpoint platforms and solutions
• Must have Dell and Client ProLiant (DL/Client/BL) servers, enclosures, and/or Cisco UCS blade server experience
o Including support and troubleshooting of hardware issues and providing hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth.
o Must be able to troubleshoot converged and hyper-converged infrastructure related incidents
Apply by creating/using an account