Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Manages high priority projects affecting three or more businesses or functional
• Manages changes to project scope, schedule and costs using appropriate verification techniques
to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the
change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance.
• Lead and direct high priority projects impacting three or more
businesses or functions, often requiring considerable resources and high levels of functional integration
from initiation to close. Ensure familiarity with scope and project objectives and establish clear roles and
responsibilities for project team members.
• Develop Project Plan, forecast and schedule. Work with
stakeholders to record detailed project requirements, constraints and assumptions to establish project
deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g. planning sessions, brainstorming, focus
groups) and the project charter.
• Ensure plans for assigned projects include work breakdown, project
organization chart, cost/budget and communication, risk, quality and resource plans.
project plans to affected parties to ensure a common understanding, set expectations and align
stakeholders and project team members.
• Ensure execution of tasks defined in the project plan to
achieve the project goals. Execute all parts of the project plan and manage the budget/forecast. Monitor
and control project work including change controls.
• Measure project performance utilizing appropriate
tools and techniques to monitor progress; identify and quantify variances, complete any required
corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
• Implement approved actions and workarounds
required to mitigate project risk events.
• Improve project team performance by building team
cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training and motivating to facilitate cooperation, ensure project
efficiency and boost morale.
• Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards,
policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing
escalation to management.
• Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank
• Maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external
audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
• Complete other related duties as assigned.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
• Under direction of higher management, leads and directs high priority projects impacting three or more businesses or functions, often requiring considerable resources and high levels
of functional integration; responsibility for the projects includes all aspects from initiation to close.
• Must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and responsibility of each team
member, to effectively coordinate team activities.
• Project Guidelines: o Project Scope: $1.0 m - $5.0 m o
Team Size Range: 10 - 20 FTE o Project Duration: 12 - 18 months o Project Size: Multiple high priority
projects o Project Customer: Three or more lines of business or functions o Scope of Change: Substantial
changes to business processes or procedures o Project Timeline: Moderately aggressive o Project
Innovation: Moderately defined scope o Project Benefits: Major o Project Customization: Moderate o
Number of Interfaces: 6 or more o Project Integration: Internal and External Systems
• Typically no direct reports, but manages a project team ranging from 10 – 50 employees.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years' proven project
management experience or minimum of 6 years' proven general management experience, OR in lieu of a
degree, a combined minimum of 7 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum
of 3 years' proven project management experience or minimum of 6 years' proven general management
• Sound knowledge of project management methodology.
• Strong verbal and written
communication skills, particularly an ability to negotiate, influence and gain consensus.
communicates verbally and in writing with management on status of initiatives, in a professional and
• Excellent problem-solving skills. • Ability to work individually as well as a
member of a team.
• Self-motivated, results-driven and well-organized individual.
• Ability to handle
multiple tasks and work under time constraints in support of various assignments.
• Ability to function
professionally at many different levels (clients, management and peers).
• Strong interpersonal skills
necessary for business partner relationships within and outside the organization.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or willing
to obtain within 24 months.
• Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages.
• Job is located in Buffalo, NY
Apply by creating/using an account